Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

P90X anyone?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm thinking pretty hard about trying P90X next month. I'm starting to get bored with my normal workout routine and I feel like I need to change things up. Has anyone here ever tried this program, and if so, how did you like it? Also, if anyone sees the Bowfled SelectTech dumbbells (1090's) on sale anywhere please let me know.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
I SOPA'd a set last year but never got around to trying it. I need to check it out though.

epe

Lancaster
My cousin and her husband started doing it. Along with that and joghing ,She lost about 50 pounds, he lost 85. Then they got a divorce.. Guess they were too impressed with being skinny to be married anymore.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Im the type that likes to keep it simple, eat good with great protein and good supplements and lift 2 or 3 days and walk or run 2 days a week. Im not into the high intensity aerobic work outs since my joints are fugged up from lifting.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Im the type that likes to keep it simple, eat good with great protein and good supplements and lift 2 or 3 days and walk or run 2 days a week. Im not into the high intensity aerobic work outs since my joints are fugged up from lifting.

I think we are twins.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Come up here and go yote hunting for a weekend, screw P90x!!!

Ha! You should've seen how much shit Carpn and I hauled to a from a goose field this past weekend! Too much, I'll just say that. lmao

I like lifting weights, and I have a pretty decent diet... but things are just getting a bit stale and I need to try something new. We'll see...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I split firewood. I just carried 10 bags of salt in the house, down to the basement, and stacked them. I did it as fast as I could. I climb in and out of trucks to load salt into the salt spreaders. I have never found the need to work out. Many times when I go to the shop, or even just the mailbox, I will jog there. Might not be far, but 50-100yds here and there all day adds up. I don't have anything against working out, but time is a luxury for me and I get my workouts in throughout the daily activities. Maybe that is why I am such a scrawny guy. lmao

hammerhead

Honestly its not that hard on your joints. the only segment that bothered me at first was the cardio. It will kill your muscles allot more that your joints. I remember when i first did it the arms chest and back didn't seem to bad till the next day. My arms literary felt like wet noodles. It was a bitch just trying to steer my truck.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Honestly its not that hard on your joints. the only segment that bothered me at first was the cardio. It will kill your muscles allot more that your joints. I remember when i first did it the arms chest and back didn't seem to bad till the next day. My arms literary felt like wet noodles. It was a bitch just trying to steer my truck.

Lol... That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio

I'm TOO big of a puss for that.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I definitely need to do something. I am the heaviest I have ever been and am going to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic in March. I know I wont be ripped or anything but I could definitely loose some of the pouch I got going.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio

Even if it doesn't hurt my joints, I still wouldnt buy into it. I figure its the same as any other high intensity aerobic work out, after about 4 to 6 weeks your sick of it and your body is adapting to it and its time for another change, plus they take along time to do. With weights you can change it up enough to keep it interesting and keep the muscle confused more easily by something as simple as adding weight or reps. Also I can be done as quick as 15 to 20 minutes anymore. Just my 2cents.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio

thats thereason why I couldnt do it anymore. I lifted too heavy for too long and now that I dont have that muscle anymore at all, my joints and stuff are horrible.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio

All that jumping around and twisting and push ups and sit ups and jumping around all nimbly bimbly like....yea it was hard on my shoulder and knees

epe

Lancaster
I've never been a workout guy. Always played basketball and softball. This fall-winter with my knee, I have felt like a big bloated turd. Need to get the mountain bike back out. Was riding about 3-4 miles a ride until November...