Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finally!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It has been a LONG three weeks trying to get access to some water I have been scouting and last night, I got the phone call I have been waiting on. Within the first minute after me explaining why I had called, the landowner on the other end of the line says: "Kill all the fucking geese you can kill. And take the ducks with them!" :smiley_clap:

I have been scouting the living hell out of this water and while I won't have much time left to hunt it this year, he said I was more than welcome to hunt it again when the season rolls around this fall/winter. To sweeten the deal, the guy who I talked to last night also owns land I had no idea about until he told me last night. He also own another spot just south of the one I have been scouting. I checked it out on the maps last night and its a great batch of backwater just off the Ohio River. He also told me he owned some ground just north of where I wanted to hunt and that is where I saw the vast majority of the birds, but never figured I could get access to it. So in short, this guy got me access to everything I wanted and then some.

:pickle:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The best thing about it is I don't need a boat and I can hunt it on Sundays. The kills two birds with one stone to make a bad joke! LOL!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The hooded mergansers have been in there thick along with mallards and ringnecks. Plenty of coot all year TOO. And the geese are thick as thieves on the tract to the north as its a campground next to a big creek flowing in to Ohio. $ spot...