Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Google

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Wikipedia.org and reddit.com are both under full blackout for 24 hours to protest SOPA

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Don't get around it. Take heed of it. If SOPA and or protect ip passes people will no longer be allowed to post links on forums like these for fear that we may get sued or shutdown instantly over a copyright claim. The nothing about nothing thread. Gone. Posting links. Gone. Hot linking images that you didn't take. Gone. All because Hollywood wants the power to block free expression and speech. Of which it will not achieve. They will never and I mean never stop online piracy. What they will do is. Elgin to controll the Internet to their business model. If sola passes good luck finding an owner who wants the liability of getting sued or shutdown over something his users post. The Internet will effectively be one giant advertisement where you cant participate as a user.

Don't get around it. Fight it!

Huckleberry Finn

Thanks for that Joe, I knew roughly was it was but not exactly. I was glad to see that TOO was participating though too.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hooray to you all! Both SOPA and PIPA which had large bipartisan support were dropped from the house and the senate today as congressmen abandoned sponsorship after this weeks online protests! Thank you for keeping your Internet free, open, and belonging to the people!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Tonk should take heed of what some Internet community organizing is capable of accomplishing when people become informed.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The online petition site I linked our banner to was responsible for over 1 million emails in a single day to congress from people just like y'all.