Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

other hobbies, interests?

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Was just wondering what other hobbies you all have besides hunting and fishing.

I used to keep aquariums. At one time I had 4 going. Then I just kinda "got out of it". Last week I was moving some stuff around and found my box of Aqarium supplies and decided to set up a tank.
I only had one 55 gallon tank left and it needed repaired. So on saturday I fixed the tank, set it up and it is now cycling. Might just end up with multiple set ups again.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I enjoy aquariums as well, I still have the 150. :smiley_coolpeace:
Sex
Gardening
Lifting/Working out
Computers/Graphics
Art/Illustration
Playing with my boys

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I own motorcycles. I used to thoroughly enjoy riding them. Now I walk around them in the garage frustrated to see them covered in dust. Sometimes life isn't fair. dang responsibilities!

matt hougan

Dayton area
I have slowed down a bit with the kids but for years I was pretty active and somewhat successful competetive duck and goose caller. Been all over and met some awesome people along the way. Cant wait for the kids to move out so I can get back in it.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I used to play volleyball...sand in the summer, indoor in winter...still play golf, my oldest stepson is into playing golf so I have a pretty cool partner...we played once a week in the summer and hope to continue that...now that I'm married with kids I have altogether quit some of my 20 something hobbies.....like dipping, drinking the weekends away and women...for some reason I can't do those anymore, hahaha!!!!

Derek j

Knox Co.
I do woodworking. Build cabinets, dressers, desks....you name it. I have made all the cupboards and cabinets in my parents house, and will start on my own house hopefully this year. I used to make hand made writing pens. Made a little money with it too. Now I mostly dabble in a little bit of everything.

tuffshot

The Crew
I used to do some small wood projects like turkey calls. Made some box and scratch box call and also some wind chimes.

Scratch box made out of Bacota wood

The chimes are old alumminum arrows / cut out the arrow head on a scoll saw

Made the putter for my son when he was palying golf in High School / It is solid Cocboloa

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
When I'm not hunting, thinking about hunting, or on TOO....

I've been getting into photography the last few years, and hopefully can continue to develop more of this hobbie. I just really like taking pictures for some reason. But man, all the cool stuff I want costs sooo much.

With my kids, I try to get them involved in anything outdoors. Just going for hikes, picking berries, canoeing, fishing, gardening, etc.

This spring I'm going to help coach my son's soccer team. It's a tough commitment with my work / travel schedule, but he's growing up too quick & I don't want to look back one day and say "I wish I would have..." I played all the way though college so it's time to give back and get involved. I just have to harness my competitiveness and remember they're only 6 & 7 year olds. rotflmao

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
im a big gear head always wrenchin on my cars or quads, do a little painting when i have time. and im starting to cut weight for my next cage fight,that will keep me busy until turkey and fishin season comes around.

brianridesbikes

cycling, backpacking, gardening, painting, photography, scouting... funny thing is having a kid hasn't hindered my hobbies, just makes it more fun sharing them with my son.

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
Hunting & fishing,used too race R/C cars competively it took way too much time!!! I also do a little taxidermy on the side to

Last edited: