Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buncha Turkeys round here

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Got this pic and thought it was pretty cool. Thought I'd share.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
There has been a group of 7 long beards pounding my corn. I don't ever remember there being this many turkeys. Guess the DNR's plan to introduce coyotes to thin the turkeys back fired! ;) LOL!!!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
There has been a group of 7 long beards pounding my corn. I don't ever remember there being this many turkeys. Guess the DNR's plan to introduce coyotes to thin the turkeys back fired! ;) LOL!!!

For that reason I quit putting corn out. That's our feeder, but the landowner fills it up. Can't beat that! He has quail pens very close by the feeder and likes to mix bird seed in with the corn. I put a camera there just to see if any bucks show up.. We get the usual suspects (little bucks).

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I'd love to be seein that on my cam! I'm ready for turk season already.
The picture reminds me of the beginning of this video..

[video=youtube;J2le2TzBpJM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=J2le2TzBpJM[/video]

Huckleberry Finn

Sweet picture.

A few seasons have taught me not to get over excited about flocked up birds in the snow, but it sure as hell still gets me pumped up every year for some reason!

epe

Lancaster
Sweet picture.

A few seasons have taught me not to get over excited about flocked up birds in the snow, but it sure as hell still gets me pumped up every year for some reason!

Very true.. The one place we hunt is like that.. Come spring they are spread out...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326774656069.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326774656069.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 194
  • uploadfromtaptalk1326774686055.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326774686055.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 176

saddlepants

central Ohio
reminds me of the one day in deer season where I watched 8 very good size longbeards all together come across the field to me. single filed past me at less than 5o feet. spent an good hour or more within 100 yards and finally roosted in all the trees behind me. They freaked out in the trees when I got up and left and allot of them left the roost!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
reminds me of the one day in deer season where I watched 8 very good size longbeards all together come across the field to me. single filed past me at less than 5o feet. spent an good hour or more within 100 yards and finally roosted in all the trees behind me. They freaked out in the trees when I got up and left and allot of them left the roost!!

I had a group of 25 do that 3 of 4 nights during muzzy season. Pissed me off each time!!! :smiley_boos: