Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

R100

Beentown,
I'd like to go, but I'll have to do some serious practising between now and then. Not to get good enough to compete, but to be able to last for 100 targets. :smiley_baby:
There's a local club that has a Sat. & Sun. shoot, starting in March, which would be a good way to prepare.

Many years ago, I used to shoot the OBA Spring and Fall shoots (30 targets), but I would shoot the course 3 times during one day. The reason for this was to qualify for the free bear hunt that they gave away each year. Qualifying was based on a 500 point score, or better...out of a 600 possible. They used to have a 10pt. body and 20pt. kill zone scoring system. It's been over 16 years since I've shot any OBA competitions.

Just the same, it sounds like a lot of fun. :smiley_bril:
Bowhunter57

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yeah we have plenty of time. Just wanted to get it out there for people needing to plan. I know May is usually really busy.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hell yea, Beener! Looks like a blast to me. I saw an ad for the R100 last year and I remember thinking how much I'd like to shoot... I had forgotten about though, of course. Count me in as a maybe as well. I am planning on shooting some more IBO this year, too. I was going to shoot the Indoor Worlds at the IX Center again but it sort of creeped up on me and I'm not prepared for it. Did you notice that Cardinal is going host some IBO shoots this year?... including a leg of the Triple Crown?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I got wind of the IBO at Cardinal a couple weeks ago and I can't remember where I saw or heard it. Forgot all about it until you said that JB...

Count me as a maybe. I still love to shoot my bow and have been shooting once a week since Thanksgiving. Even if I take some time to do other things, shooting my bow will always be something I love to do. I'm not buying a new one now, so I'll fine tune the XT and come up if nothing pressing happens before the. It'd be a good time!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yeah the Cardinal Center is hosting two shoots this year. The IBO World Qualifier on April 28th which I plan on going to. The other is the third leg National Championship July 13th-15th.