Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Removing Boil On Fletchings

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've never removed the quickfletches but with regular wraps I just use a knife. If you can find a knife with a curved blade, similar to a shingle knife, that would work especially well. Do the quickfletches have adhesive on the inside or is it just like regular shrink tubing?

Being there outer aluminum I would just scrape it off....For my GT carbons and wraps the manufacture says soaking in acetone is fine..I soak in fingernail polish remover for a few min then peel or lightly scape off..Then soak a lil to loosen the residue an wipe or light scrape off..I use a VERY old dull utility knife so i dont harm the carbon.. ..

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Their is some debate about acetone since some manufactures state to not use it (IMHO they are covering ass for idiots who can't reliably use ANY chemical). I use it all the time and have never had any negative effects. I soaked a carbon impact, GT, and CX overnight and the were just fine. Keeps me from screwing up the finish or nicking some fiber off.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Their is some debate about acetone since some manufactures state to not use it (IMHO they are covering ass for idiots who can't reliably use ANY chemical). I use it all the time and have never had any negative effects. I soaked a carbon impact, GT, and CX overnight and the were just fine. Keeps me from screwing up the finish or nicking some fiber off.

I agree, too. I use acetone to clean the shafts before fletching new and refletching the old.... No problems with it as of yet.