Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Interesting sequence

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I didn't think much of it at first, but then as I was going back through and deleting pictures, I started paying attention to the dates and times.

There's no scrape here, the camera is situated on an area where the deer enter and exit the corn field.

The doe came thought in the middle of the night and did her thing before heading into the field...

Then a few hours later, this guy enters from the same path, takes a wiff to see where things stand with this lovely lady....

And from the posture here, it looks like he's going to be / or just has left his mark behind as well....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
It also looks as if the doe is urinating on her leg glands and his look a little dark from doing the same thing. It won't be long and we should start seeing some major scrape action going on.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I finally got around to swapping out memory cards at this property. The batteries were dead, but I did have about 200 pics. As I said before, this spot is one of the main entry & exit paths along the fence row. There is no scrape here located here but here are some more pics of bucks checking out the overhanging branches....

You can see that the branch this buck has his nose on is just a broken branch that's been hanging here since the last set of pictures from early October.

I've had one of those scrape drippers for the past two seasons sitting in my archery box, so I took it out, washed it down with scent killer soap, filled it with the Active Scrape scent, and hung it over this spot. New batteries are in the camera with a fresh memory card, so we'll let it go for about a week and see what happens.