Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First time using a video camera while hunting

Lundy

I spend so many hours hunting that I thought it would be fun to record some of the stuff I get to see while hunting instead of just taking pictures. I researched cameras and found one that was rated very high for low light and it was not expensive with the holiday sale going on. I didn't need a super high end camera, these videos are just for me to record some memories. It is high def and it is very good in low light. The 9 point in the video was taken from 5:15- 5:30 on Saturday of the MZ season in some thick woods with low light, but he turned out well. I have around 15 min of video of him. I ended up shooting a bunch of video the first two days of the MZ. This is a short compilation of some of them.

Be kind if you can!!!

http://youtu.be/29nFlY92CEg

It is not great, I am struggling with how to edit and put them together, The camera and editing software has a lot more capability than I do, but I'm trying.

Lundy

I purchased that camera after reading reviews, especially the reviews for low light

A HD cam with the function it provides on sale for $350, normally $600. I had to try it. I am very pleased!

Canon Vixia HMF40

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That was some very good footage. The ending surprised me. I thought we were just watching footage. Wasn't expecting any kill shots. Good stuff and looks like a good deal on the camera as well!

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Camera puts out a good quality...great footage of the deer and the turks in your area...very surprised to hear the shot at the end...did you get the recovery on film too?

Lundy

Camera puts out a good quality...great footage of the deer and the turks in your area...very surprised to hear the shot at the end...did you get the recovery on film too?

No I didn't film the recovery. I watched him go down at 40 yds.

Just layed my gun across his body and took a cell phone pic and texted it to my son. Didn't type anything, just the pic. He knew what was going on right away. It was a fun way to tell him.