Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

iBow Sight App by Firenock

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've never really had the desire to own an iPhone... but an app like this could certainly change my mind. This thing is pretty incredible.

[video=youtube;_f7hMESpPyg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f7hMESpPyg[/video]

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I know the owner of Firenock and he's all about the gadgets. Super smart dude, but I don't think the products are always that well thought out. Like this for instance... Guess what happens to an iPhone when you have it out in 20 degree weather for TOO long? Yep, it won't work. So that is a major flaw right there...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
great idea but that's a 100 dollar app and it uses batteries.. Cold kills cell phones fast.. And how am I going to text if it's attached to my phone?

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
I think it's awesome. I would probably get an ipod touch so that I could use it for that. I'm with these guys that I would like to still be able to text. I assume you probably have to turn it on when you go to pick up your bow (so the battery thing shouldn't be a concern except maybe on super cold all day hunts), but it's still a cool idea. The only thing I would wonder about is how much light it throws back at your face when its dawn or dusk? I use my iphone a lot just to find stuff in the dark by turning it on... hmmm. But, worth a try from me. I'm gonna look into it.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I think it takes away from the simplicity of using a bow. You may as well use a laser guided missle...

I think it is "gadgety" but in no way is this even the case. I thought you hunted with a compound? Sights? A range finder is more of an advantage than this.

Before I cry simplicity I better be in my loin cloth and long bow...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I think it takes away from the simplicity of using a bow. You may as well use a laser guided missle...

It's a bow sight man, you still gotta find your anchor point and put the pin on the target. Not real sure how it compares to a laser guided muddled other than they both use some type of battery.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's a bow sight man, you still gotta find your anchor point and put the pin on the target. Not real sure how it compares to a laser guided muddled other than they both use some type of battery.

Where can I get one of those fuggers!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
From the muddle store...

Damn auto correct...

Fluteman. AKA...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I just thought it was a cool idea. The fact that you can create multiple pin arrangements and fully customize each one is awesome. You could have one programmed for your heavy hunting arrows, then another programmed for your 3D arrows... single pin vs. multiple pins... etc. I can just see this technology morphing into a real hunting sight one day, without the need for an iPhone. A set of buttons and controls on the side of your sight, and the scope has a circular screen which displays your different pin arrangements. Unlimited site combinations in one single unit.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The part that caught my ear was it videos the target. Beats buying an expensive bow cam.

However, I'm with you guys on the battery. Willy might be on to something with the Itouch. If you don't use it a lot during the hunt the battery will last all day.
My phone struggles to make an all day hunt though because I do so much on it to kill time. This site is the number one battery eater. Checking in with you fuggers is an every 5 minute ordeal.