Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A new product idea

matt hougan

Dayton area
I have designed several products for hunting and helped develop several others too bad the company I was mixed up with went belly up. Still I think of things all the time that would make my hunting more enjoyable.

One of my favorite things to do while hunting is eating, especially breakfast. Here is a quick sketch of an idea for a cooler/storage for a camp stove. I dont think this idea is patentable and I dont want any compensation so I am sharing this with you.

This is an idea for a compact shore lunch or hunting/ camping cook top cooler thingamabob. Its starts with a soft sided cooler. Either end has mesh closable pouch for propane bottle storage. The top has a mesh top with a zipper closure for storing spoons forks napkins etc. The front and back have a mesh panel that has clips. These spaces would hold frying pan, paper plates, single burner cook top.

Also the propane bottles sometimes have base that clips on the base. My idea is to mold a clip of some design to clamp to a pinic table or tailgate. I also think a magnetic cook top to hold the frying pan in place would be a great idea.

What do ya think?

There may be something like this already out there but I've yet to see it. T
he thing I like most other than the fact I would love to have one is the broad base applications. I can see trout guides preparing a shore lunch with this thing. I can see hikers using this thing, tailgaters, etc. The list goes on

Last edited:

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That's pretty slick right there. The first thing that came to mind was making breakfast in a boat blind, then I thought about cooking a shore lunch of fresh walleye while canoeing in the Boundary Waters. That's stuff we take out in the field anyway, just in a much better, and more organized carrier. If I was you Matt, I'd try to look further into taking something like that to the market.

saddlepants

central Ohio
http://www.cabelas.com/camp-blind-s...8-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla

Hey heres an idea for your idea. I have two of these and LOVE them. They are lighter, the fuel is way lighter and smaller to pack. A fuel can lasts forever and no bigger than a can of hairspray and they are safer inside...say...the tent...back of ur truck,,,,blind.....ect

we have cooked the new years lobsters for the last two years with the same cans of fuel Ive been using. I dont use it much but Ihave had the same four cans forever it seems

Last edited: