Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

my muzzling mamma

took the wife 2 a little spot right outside of mingo(jefferson co)we had a great day.
at about 10:30 me an my buddy spot a group of deer on the other hillside, no hunting zone lol.about 11am they decide 2 come out in the field.my buddy shots no bang lol
cap fell off.so he tells me 1st deer is at 171 i miss understood him an shot low,they all take off up the hill right 2 my wife(1st time muzzy hunting)she shoots a big doe at about 80yrds it runs about 25yrds an is done.
i jump on the quad an am there in like 5mins,she has aready reloaded(1st time by herself)an she says i got it, i heard it crash over the hill:smiley_clap:as we are going down 2 get it i hear my buddy shoot,10mins later hes calling me telling me he got one down.
twister

she was using her cva wolf,240grn xtp44cal an pushed by 90grns of pyro rs

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Congrats to your wife! I've been hunting with my wife since we started dating and it has provided me with some of the best memories I have of hunting. She's taken a deer in each of the 8 seasons we have been together; 6 with a muzzleloader, 1 with a string rifle, and one with her Mathews. I dedicate all 13 days of gun season to her these days and I wouldn't change it for the world. Enjoy it!!!

wifes been hunting with me since my dad passed in 02,1st yr she just wanted 2 go see what it was all about,no gun just tag along with me.i killed a 130 8pt on that hunt an she been hooked sinced.started her out treerat hunting the following fall with my topper jr 410(my 1st gun got it at 8yrs old),1st yr she shot the 1st deer that gave her a shot a nice doe,about 5yrs ago she picked out a tree we put up a ladder stand,did all her own scouting an shot 120class 8pt on the 2nd day of gun season.she has killed a deer every yr except last yr when she held out 4 a bigger buck.she didn't get 2 muzzle hunt last yr her dad was sick but he gave her his new wolf.she wants 2 get one with her xbow this yr.she guts an butchers,she watched me do 2 deer,an now she does her own.
2yrs ago she went 2 our little club climbed in my ladder stand(i was working)shot a little 7pt,gutted it went back 2 my truck got our 4x4 an draged it up 2 the truck an had it loaded on the trailer by 9am when i got there.i think she realy likes this deer hunting thing as much as i do. but like you jesse since my dad passed it has been all about her. no kids 2 teach, nieces an nephews not in 2 it so i passed what my grandpap,father an uncles passed on 2 me.
twister
ps my buddy lazered her shot at 85yrds,bullet was a clean pass thru hitting right behind frt right shoulder midway down an exited right thru the last rib on left side about 4'' lower than the entrance.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sounds like you've done a great job teaching your wife and now you have a great hunting partner. Thanks for sharing.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Okay, here are the pictures of MrsTwisters muzzleloader deer.... Congrats again to your wife mrtwister........