Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Talk about a kick in the nuts!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Friday, I went out to put a new battery in the BEC and move it down over the hill. I found a good flat, and put out some corn to take inventory and regroup for the last few weeks of bow season. I had a pretty good feeling that Claw and STT made it through the first gun week, but wasn't real sure about the extra weekend. Saturday morning, I checked the computer and was happy to see this guy made it.

STT

Since I don't own a Muzzy, I figured I would sit this weekend out, then get back on it starting next Friday, as I will be on my seven day break. Turns out I should have been in a tree today. I walked into the computer room to jump on here, and saw there were pics on the BEC. Checked them out, only to have my jaw drop to the floor...

I sat there and watched picture after picture of STT pop up on the screen. He was in there for 45 minutes before dark...

Now for the real kicker. I went out at 5:20 to put some stuff away in the building. I could hear some deer in the woods directly behind the house, so I decided to walk over and check it out. As I got to within 10ft. of the woodline, I see tails fly. There not 30y away from me Claw took off running broadside from my right to left, the woods wide open. I was in shock. Not only did both of them make it through gun season, but both of them were on their feet today before dark and in the same holler. I work the next four days, but I can guarantee you Friday I will be back in a stand trying to bust one of them before they drop their horns. They've made it half way through Muzzy season, hopefully they can make it the other half!

RUT NUT

Great bucks for sure! Hope you get a crack at one of them! What exactly does STT stand for?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Great bucks for sure! Hope you get a crack at one of them! What exactly does STT stand for?

Short Tine Ten. He's earned the name. I have three years worth of pics of this dude, and he's always been a STT.

Phil, I would have been out with a Muzzy if I owned one. LOL

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I heard several BOOMS, and a couple boom boom boom boom boom booms while I was hunting tonight. Call in system means guys hunt with what they want and call it in as muzzle loader. Sucks! Bunch of low lifes!

RUT NUT

Short Tine Ten. He's earned the name. I have three years worth of pics of this dude, and he's always been a STT.

Makes sense! Although he has short tines....he's as wide as a Mack Truck! Having that kind of history with a deer makes him that much more special. Hope you get to seal the deal! Do you have any of his sheds from the past years?

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I heard several BOOMS, and a couple boom boom boom boom boom booms while I was hunting tonight. Call in system means guys hunt with what they want and call it in as muzzle loader. Sucks! Bunch of low lifes!

Or a whole family of yoders on a drive who can't shoot fer crap...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow dude... To me, if they've made it this long I think they'll be fine making it through the next day or so (KNOCK ON WOOD...). Hopefully they stick around for a couple more weeks and don't drop antlers. I think both of them bad oscars have your name on 'em!!!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Well, things are looking promising for an encounter with STT. He's been in there every night since Friday. This morning the last picture I got of him was at 06:30, and he was back in there this evening at 17:45. As of right now, my plan is to hunt close to the camera in the afternoons, and in the mornings I'm planning on being 200y down the holler, in hopes of catching him on his way to bed. With the colder temps this weekend, I am hoping he will be up on his feet earlier in the evenings, and I can seal the deal. I have seven days starting Friday, and I'm planning on being out there every day until I head back to work.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is awesome Greg! I hope you can get it done. You deserve it. I am drawing straws right now, so all I can do is root on the guys with deer on a pattern while I regroup.