Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thieves

epe

Lancaster
We still have permission to hunt our old lease, until they log it out. Still had a couple treestands and my 55 gallon feeder there. My one treestand was bolted in with a heavy lag bolt, that I couldn't get out with a crescent wrench. Buddy went down yesterday and said they took the last two stands, and my big feeder.. So I pretty much now have no deer hunting spots within an hour and a half of my place...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Man that sucks. I hate hearing things like this. What happened to the good ol days where a guy would leave another guys stuff alone and you didn't have to worry about this crap. NO RESPECT anymore.

epe

Lancaster
Neighbors somewhere I would guess. So far this year they took three feeders three stands and a blind...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sucks man. Someone stole Alexis salt block on this property. What kind of lousy fugger steals a 5 dollar block of salt. There is a special place In hell for hunting thieves I know it.

epe

Lancaster
Sucks man. Someone stole Alexis salt block on this property. What kind of lousy fugger steals a 5 dollar block of salt. There is a special place In hell for hunting thieves I know it.

Reminds me I was turkey hunting down there two years ago, took a small bag of minerals down there, put it near where I was going to put it, came back two days later with a rake and it was gone...

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I've not looked into it. Do they have tracking devices out yet for individuals? Seems they would have by now... And if so are they affordable?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No place to hunt within 1.5hrs of Lancaster? You guys have all kinds of public land down there to hunt. I am 1.5hrs to the nearest public land you can deer hunt. Is there any chances or hopes for some public land hunts in your future?

Not trying to take away from your stuff getting jacked. that still really sucks. I hate thieves!

epe

Lancaster
No place to hunt within 1.5hrs of Lancaster? You guys have all kinds of public land down there to hunt. I am 1.5hrs to the nearest public land you can deer hunt. Is there any chances or hopes for some public land hunts in your future?

Not trying to take away from your stuff getting jacked. that still really sucks. I hate thieves!

I could do public, but I have waterfowl spots within 20, and it would be more productive...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I could do public, but I have waterfowl spots within 20, and it would be more productive...

I see. never hunted the public land because it is all so far away. From an outsider perspective, it seems like you guys in southern Ohio have all the land you could want to hunt. I realize public hunting isn't the easiest, but I am a bit jealous because it is not a feasible option for me.

Still BS your stuff got ripped off.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Damn that sucks epe! You know, I've stumbled across so many treestands, climbing sticks and shit over the years while shedding, mushrooming and scouting on both public and permission obtained private land and the thought of even TOUCHING it NEVER crossed my mind! It's happened to us before and the feeling of someone taking something of ours with no thought of our financial loss just Pisses the hell out of me. WTF is wrong with people!

Sorry epe, I hope you find out who done it and get your stuff back. Goodluck.

epe

Lancaster
If I lived in southern Ohio I would hunt the Wayne or aep. I can still hunt this piece but we have seen hardly any deer..Poaching is bad there. Last weekend we did find a pile of about 5 deer with the backstraps cut out, and enough legs for about 10 more.. probably deer from the second gun that did not get checked in...

epe

Lancaster
It is probably best that I do not even look for my stuff becase the law will not do anything about it down there, and I might do something that would get me arrested...

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Thieves are lowlife scum of the earth!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I’ve been a victim of theft more than once. I have to believe in what comes around goes around. It still burns today even years after the fact. This thief will continue their dirty work until either they’re caught or killed. As the saying goes, “once a thief; always a thief”. Scumbag fuggers!

Last edited:

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Last weekend we did find a pile of about 5 deer with the backstraps cut out, and enough legs for about 10 more.. probably deer from the second gun that did not get checked in...

WTF is wrong with people.