Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

One Animal

RUT NUT

If you had to choose just one animal to hunt the rest of your life....what animal would it be and why? Mine would with no doubt be the Whitetail Deer! I just love being in the woods waiting on the opportunity to harvest one. Plus....as far as meat goes....that's what I eat 70% of the time. This question I have asked above doesn't have to be an animal that is around here. It could be an African animal for all I care. I'm just curious to see what animal keeps everyone's drive to hunt.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I enjoy and look forward to hunting coyotes. If I am forced to choose one animal though, it is without a doubt the whitetail deer!

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Turkey... I have more fun going after them than anything else. Deer hunting is more like a job. Turkeys I have a blast...lol

matt hougan

Dayton area
Easy, nothing compares to the sound of in bound mallards. Wether it be in a cut corn field, a flooded corn field, in a rice field, swamp, lake, pond, river, or the grandnes of flooded green timber nothing beats the sound of the wind under a mallrds wings over head. But then again when you hunt those spots you also have a chance at teal, wigeon, pintails, gadwal, blak ducks, woodies, Canada geese, white front geese, blue bills, red heads, canvas backs.

Sory fellas but deer huntin got nothin on a good duck hunt. You get to talk to your buddies, dont have to worry about scent control, you can smoke a cigar, drink a cup of coffee. When you limit out one day you can go back and do it again the next. Carrying a limit of ducks out if a halla lot easier than draggin of stinkin heavy deer outta da woods.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Easy, nothing compares to the sound of in bound mallards. Wether it be in a cut corn field, a flooded corn field, in a rice field, swamp, lake, pond, river, or the grandnes of flooded green timber nothing beats the sound of the wind under a mallrds wings over head. But then again when you hunt those spots you also have a chance at teal, wigeon, pintails, gadwal, blak ducks, woodies, Canada geese, white front geese, blue bills, red heads, canvas backs.

Sory fellas but deer huntin got nothin on a good duck hunt. You get to talk to your buddies, dont have to worry about scent control, you can smoke a cigar, drink a cup of coffee. When you limit out one day you can go back and do it again the next. Carrying a limit of ducks out if a halla lot easier than draggin of stinkin heavy deer outta da woods.

I've gone duck hunting 3 times and I saw so many ducks I got sick of them... Now I live right across the road from where they flock too...lol

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Tough to beat the hunt of a whitetail deer in the fall... would be tough to pick one though... I like chasin bunnies in February and shootin ghogs in the summer TOO!! Tough for me to pick one... but another vote for the whitetail.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
They may not know how to make a poll. Aaaa. But there was a time when everyone was doing polls. Why; people were making up polls for just about anything...

:smiley_bril:

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I get more of an adrenaline rush killing whitetails, but I have an absolute blast hunting rabbits. I take my deer hunting more seriously than any other type. Whitetails aren’t the easiest wild game to bag IMO; especially a fair game trophy buck. I prefer to be completely challenged while hunting. I choose to bow hunt for a whitetail deer.

saddlepants

central Ohio
If I lived closer to elk country Id say elk but I guess it has to be deer. Elk and Moose are on my bucket list but I dont know if Ill ever get to fill the bucket.