Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Specially trained??

saddlepants

central Ohio
I seriously doubt it? lol

http://www.azcentral.com/video/1275860230001

DWIGHT TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- A sheriff's deputy in the Thumb rescued a deer after the animal was hit and apparently too shocked to move off the road.

TV station WEYI says the incident was captured on the dashboard camera of Huron County Deputy Ryan Swartz.

The video shows Swartz picking up the doe Friday night as it stood on all fours on a two-lane road in Dwight Township, not far from the tip of the Thumb. The officer first thought it was a decoy.

Swartz moved the deer to the side of the road, stroked it a few times and then watched the animal scamper away.

Huron County Sheriff Kelly Hanson is warning people not to try a similar rescue. He says the deputy was trained.

There's no special training for something like that and the officer took his chances. I think it's great that he took the time and the chance to save the life of a deer and spare some motorist the hood ornamint hassles. :smiley_clap: It looks like a yearling and therefore the "trust" of the deer for allowing a human to carry it. Otherwise, the officer could've had quite a different story to tell. :smiley_chinrub:

Bowhunter57

saddlepants

central Ohio
I just liked the line where it said "dont try this at home" the "deputy was trained"....REALLY?? they have Deer Picking -up class in Police officer training??

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I just liked the line where it said "dont try this at home" the "deputy was trained"....REALLY?? they have Deer Picking -up class in Police officer training??

Yep it's the 2 hour class right after the 200 hours of classes on "basic ticket writing", and "your radar gun and you".

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I wonder if we'd of got to see the video if the deer whould have Whooped-Up On His AZZ ? Like a Spyder Monkey Jacked-up on Mt. Dew !