Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lone Wolf's New Stackable Ladder Sticks

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Just saw the link on my FB to some new LW products, one of them being a four piece Stackable Ladder Stick Set. They slide together like typical ladder sticks, and stack like all LW sticks, plus four sticks weigh in at 12.5lbs and will get you up 16ft. I'm sure the price tag for these will be fairly expensive, but it's interesting to see the new products.

ls.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm not much of a fan of connecting sticks just because it has to be a near perfectly straight tree to use them on. Just my .02.

I love the LW sticks I've got and will prolly just buy another set of 3 and be done with it.

I've got 3 LW stands and might have to look at the Muddy stands you all have been talking about if I get another. How do they compare to the LW's. In price, weight and quality?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I have the Muddy Hunter stand, and it weighs in at 12.5lbs, and has a 24x34 platform with a 3" padded seat, and the ability to hang in a tree that isn't straight due to it's leveling system, plus it comes with a footrest. It's the most comfortable hang-on stand I have ever used that doesn't have a sling-style seat with a back on it. I picked mine up from Muddy for $200

The Millennium is hands down the most comfortable stand I have ever used, but can be difficult to hang at times due to it's size. The platform measures 20x30 and it weighs in at 14lbs. I picked this up at the Expo for $180, but the cheapest I've seen anywhere else is $200.

Both stands pack well, but the Muddy edges out the Millennium if I'm headed to a spot where I haven't already picked a tree, due to the leveling capabilities. If I'm going to a place I been, and I know the tree is good and straight where I wanna hang, I will take the Millennium. Another thing with the Millennium is it has a wide back to it at 20", which can make it difficult to shoot behind you if you are in a small tree, not to mention the stand sticks out like a sore thumb being so wide up top. Your best bet with the Millennium is to hang in a larger tree where you don't have lots of bends and knots. One spot where Millennium edges out the Muddy stand is due to the fact that it has a reciever which you hang first, then slide the treestand into. You don't have to fight trying to hold a stand in place while you hook the chain or straps up. You set the receiver, then pull the stand up and slide it into place. I did however make a slight addition to my Muddy stand so I can do the same thing with a LW EZ Hang Hook.

Both stands are great IMO, but one may be better than the other for certain situations. That's why I have both!

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for the great info Greg! Have you ever hung or sat/hunted out of a LW Alpha stand? Just wondering. I love mine. How do the Muddys and Mills compare in price with the LW. The leveling system of the LW's is awesome and the ability to shoot behind me is not difficult at all.

We need to hookup sometime. Maybe you can come to our deer camp with Jesse next fall and we'll toss a few back and talk treestands. I need to checkout your YouTube video again on using those sticks, that's the shit!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Thanks for the great info Greg! Have you ever hung or sat/hunted out of a LW Alpha stand? Just wondering. I love mine. How do the Muddys and Mills compare in price with the LW. The leveling system of the LW's is awesome and the ability to shoot behind me is not difficult at all.

We need to hookup sometime. Maybe you can come to our deer camp with Jesse next fall and we'll toss a few back and talk treestands. I need to checkout your YouTube video again on using those sticks, that's the shit!

I added the prices above. They are both around $200 depending where you pick one up. I've sat in the LW's a few times, and I like the cast aluminum platform, but the seat leaves a lot to be desired, IMO. Maybe I just need to pack a few more lbs on the ass, but those seats make my butt go numb pretty quick. I squirm a lot in those stands, and the River's Edge stands I have, but hardly at all with the Muddy or Millennium.

We will definitely get together sometime Ric. I'd like to sit down with someone that knows how to kill big hill country deer and pick their brain!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks Greg but just got a lot of years under my belt and just in the right place at the right time. I've prolly had 7 or 8 other dandy bucks within bow range and things didn't pan out over those years with one being a 170 10 pt one year then had him at 40 yards then next year when he blew up to 195"! Got it on video TOO! Be glad to share it with you then!

Anyways you, Jesse and my boys will have to get together next fall when I'm down thata way.