Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Knockin' the Dust Off

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Other than a couple dozen shots in my garage from <5 yds a few days ago, I haven't really had the bow out for any real shooting since the week before Thanksgiving. With the nice weather we had today, I figured it was as good a time as any to head to the range for a little practice session. A couple groups from 20 and 30 yds and I was feeling pretty good... so I went back to 40. After a nice first group of about 3.5", I sent Milo a pic just to show him how bad ass I am. :smiley_bril: lmao

I pull my arrows and head back to 40 for another round... First arrow, felt really good on the release and I knew I hit my mark. Second arrow, again felt great on the release, but the sound it made at the target sounded like vanes punching through burlap... and I couldn't see my arrow sticking out of the target so I was sure it went through. Third shot, pretty shitty... let 'er fly before I was ready.

Once I walked up to the target I realized my second shot didn't go through the burlap at all. Instead, it went through the back of my first arrow! Son of a bitch! lmao Another 12 bucks down the tubes...

Broadheads were flying pretty good, TOO!

OMO, I think this new grip is good luck man! lol Hopefully I can keep this mojo rolling into the home stretch of bow season...

Huckleberry Finn

Hey Jimbo, what's the brand of that second block target? I bought a foam one that size, and I love the size, but I'm blasting arrows through it now (even field points).

Nice groups, TOO ;)

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Show off :smiley_arrogant:

lmao

Hey Jimbo, what's the brand of that second block target? I bought a foam one that size, and I love the size, but I'm blasting arrows through it now (even field points).

Nice groups, TOO ;)

It's an actual "The Block" brand. I got it second-hand from a guy that sold his house earlier this year... I was doing an inspection and it was just sitting out in his backyard rotting away... He told me if I didn't take it that it would just keep sitting there. It's pretty much wore out, but a couple of the sides still stop arrows ok. Every once in a while I have one blow through, though.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very nice!!I take it that is a improvement over your stock sideplate groups?..Send some mojo my way if ya would

I don't really think the groups have shrunk any with the new grip, but it does feel pretty comfortable in my hand. The rubberized material is much warmer to hold onto also.

Big H

Medina
I don't really think the groups have shrunk any with the new grip, but it does feel pretty comfortable in my hand. The rubberized material is much warmer to hold onto also.

That's what she said........................

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Nice shootin' Jim. I knocked some dust off the past few weeks as well. It's always nice getting back into the woods after some quality shooting time. Does wonders for the confidence.