Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

G5 Prime bows Shield Service Program warranty

I found this interesting...This would greatly benefit the folks who dont buy a new bow every year or so..And who also prefer to have a dealer do there tuning etc etc..
Shield Service Program

Prime developed one of the most advanced bows in today's archery industry and along with your new purchase comes the most advanced warranty plan in the industry. The Prime Shield Service Program gives new Prime owners the comfort of knowing their bow manufacturer is there to back them up at all times. We believed the typical lifetime warranty on bows was not enough, so we took it a step further. The Prime Shield Service Program contains five key elements to give customers total confidence and protect them in their new purchase.

1. Limited Lifetime Warranty: Your Prime bow is covered from any manufacturer defects on the riser, limbs, cams, and Ti-Glide cable guard system for the life of the bow to the original owner.

2. Lifetime Replacement of Strings and Cables: Industry first, Prime owners are eligible for a free set of strings and cables every two years for the life of the bow to the original owner.

3. Warranty Rush Service: All warranty parts are to be shipped out within 48 hours and receive free priority shipping.

4. 100 Cycle Assurance Program: First of its kind, we cycle every Prime bow 100 times so strings are stretched and settled so there is no need for retuning after you get the bow.

5. Six Month Tune Up Program: To ensure you're ready for the field, receive one free tune up at your local Prime dealer six months after the purchase of your bow.

Customers must register their Prime bow online or by sending their warranty cards to Prime.

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yea the free strings and cables deal is unbelievable. Granted, if you shoot a lot 2 years might not come soon enough, but for the average bowhunter that's a hell of a deal.

Stock strings on Elite bows are G5 strings, right? I've been pretty happy with my stock strings that's for sure.

Ours are!!! New ones aint,but is supposed to be the guy that taught G5 everything about strings(when pete worked there)..But the strings on the Answers have been crap for most part..Elite is fixing it, but its still a issue...I hope they can get over the transition from having alot of stuff done at G5 etc,TOO doing it all in house now..But there has been hiccups for sure.There going through alot right now(no excuse)..Lawsuit from Mathews,alleged poaching,QC issues with the 2012 bows...I will just hang onto my z28 till this shakes out..I would REALLY like to add a pure to shoot though:smiley_depressive:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Ours are!!! New ones aint,but is supposed to be the guy that taught G5 everything about strings(when pete worked there)..But the strings on the Answers have been crap for most part..Elite is fixing it, but its still a issue...I hope they can get over the transition from having alot of stuff done at G5 etc,TOO doing it all in house now..But there has been hiccups for sure.There going through alot right now(no excuse)..Lawsuit from Mathews,alleged poaching,QC issues with the 2012 bows...I will just hang onto my z28 till this shakes out..I would REALLY like to add a pure to shoot though:smiley_depressive:

I hope Elite pulls out of this pretty quick. Good company but ALOT going on. I shot a guys Elite GT 500 and I REALLY liked it. Its let down didn't feel like others I have tried. I felt more like my Vindi. Still not a smooth let down but not jerking my shoulder off either. He said he tuned it out and is shooting with less letoff.

Kinda off topic but I would like to shoot a PSE. I haven't shot one in years. Probably been since 2005 and back then they felt....um....er....cheap. Of course, so did Bowtech back around 2001 compared to Hoyt and Mathews. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I hope Elite pulls out of this pretty quick. Good company but ALOT going on. I shot a guys Elite GT 500 and I REALLY liked it. Its let down didn't feel like others I have tried. I felt more like my Vindi. Still not a smooth let down but not jerking my shoulder off either. He said he tuned it out and is shooting with less letoff.

Kinda off topic but I would like to shoot a PSE. I haven't shot one in years. Probably been since 2005 and back then they felt....um....er....cheap. Of course, so did Bowtech back around 2001 compared to Hoyt and Mathews. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

I hope they pull out of it, too. I love my Z28, but honestly if I were to buy another new bow I'm not so sure it would be another Elite. From what I've heard the cam-and-a-half bows like Strother and your K&K are the cat's pajamas... I'd REALLY like to shoot one of those this summer. (hint hint wink wink) :)

I hope they pull out of it, too. I love my Z28, but honestly if I were to buy another new bow I'm not so sure it would be another Elite. From what I've heard the cam-and-a-half bows like Strother and your K&K are the cat's pajamas... I'd REALLY like to shoot one of those this summer. (hint hint wink wink) :)

Pretty sure most of the new strother are binary cam now.Im excited to shoot the Wrath at the ATA show...Similar specs to the z28 32in ATA an 8in BH with about 10fps more speed..Im a lover of all bows but very few current models trip my trigger ALOT..

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Strothers did discontinue their hybrids...man i'm bummed about that. Not sure how you can discontinue a bow that few have been able to meet spec wise but i understand its limitations. Looks like i will be back both shopping here soon. But a birdie told me someone talked to the strothers rep about a dealership today....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Strothers did discontinue their hybrids...man i'm bummed about that. Not sure how you can discontinue a bow that few have been able to meet spec wise but i understand its limitations. Looks like i will be back both shopping here soon. But a birdie told me someone talked to the strothers rep about a dealership today....

:smiley_bril:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
K and K has switched cams also. Supposed to be 10 fps faster at my draw length. I can get the retro cams for my bow which includes new strings/cables for $190. Tempting to have just to give me and Milo something to tinker with. Maybe later?

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
This is a very good warranty. There is only a few hick-ups in it for me from line item number five.

1. First off, who is a dealer for these bows and how far do I have to drive.

2. It seems to me that the dealer would be out of a significant amount of labor if he sold a large amount of these bows, I would think the dealer would have to have some type of reimbursement for their labor from the manufacturer for this tuning time. Just curious on how this would work.

This is a very good warranty. There is only a few hick-ups in it for me from line item number five.

1. First off, who is a dealer for these bows and how far do I have to drive.

2. It seems to me that the dealer would be out of a significant amount of labor if he sold a large amount of these bows, I would think the dealer would have to have some type of reimbursement for their labor from the manufacturer for this tuning time. Just curious on how this would work.

Both very good questions/points..Looks like less then 10 dealers in ohio..On the other question I have no idea:smiley_confused_vra

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I guess the point I was trying to get across is that it seems it would make it kinda tough to want to be a dealer for Prime if that was not the case. I would not want to be a dealer for them if I was not getting reimbursed for my time spent on working on bows for their warranty.

I guess the point I was trying to get across is that it seems it would make it kinda tough to want to be a dealer for Prime if that was not the case. I would not want to be a dealer for them if I was not getting reimbursed for my time spent on working on bows for their warranty.

I see your point ....But the same would apply for other companies an there warranties..Even if the warranty offered more or less then this one..Look at Elite's an Athens warranties..Lifetime no matter the owner..Do dealers get paid for there time?Honestly I dont know.Same goes for any "warranty work" hoyt,mathews you name it..Who foots the bill??Or does the shop eat it?

Last edited: