Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muddy buys Harvest Time..

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Muddy Companies Invests in Harvest Time Archery (HTA)

Albia, IA-January 3, 2012-Muddy Companies is pleased to announce the acquisition of Harvest Time Archery (HTA). HTA has developed a loyal following of customers for its 100% carbon target and hunting arrows. Their Rugged Wrap manufacturing process and Fly Straight technology ensures that HTA arrows fly true every time. A full line of arrow accessories completes an impressive line of products.

Muddy Companies Founder, Larry Kendall
“When looking for an arrow manufacturer to partner with us on our new BloodSport crossbow bolt, we found HTA’s quality unmatched. Their attention to detail meshed perfectly with what we expect at Muddy. It became clear to us that the superior arrows built by HTA would be a great addition to Muddy’s product line. We are excited to work with HTA founder, Bart Lawhorn and his team to bring consumers the perfect arrow. HTA’s innovation and Muddy’s distribution and marketing expertise should provide consumers exactly what they are looking for in an arrow. Muddy Direct will introduce HTA arrows to dealers across the country in 2012”

About Muddy Companies
Muddy Companies delivers category-leading gear to the archery and hunting industry. Muddy brands include Muddy Outdoors (treestands, climbing sticks, safety harnesses, camera arms), Muddy BloodSport (compound and crossbow accessories), Muddy Xecute (scent control), and HTA Muddy (arrows and crossbow bolts). Family owned and operated from Albia, IA, our goal is to provide our customers the best buying experience in the hunting industry.

About Muddy Direct
Muddy Direct is the marketing group for all Muddy product brands. We have taken a local approach-nationally. With qualified reps spread literally across the country, Muddy offers unparalleled opportunity for in-store training and brand building. Muddy Direct are trained to help and do not represent other brands. They are truly the face of Muddy.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Should be interesting to see if/how this merger affects the cost of HTA arrows. Lately I've been researching HTA arrows on the web and they seem to be top-notch... Muddy has also shown to be a great company, but hopefully this doesn't change anything with the production of HTA arrows... unless it's a change for the good, of course. Thanks for sharing, Been.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like the HT arrows may be going up in price a bit after all...

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1665232&page=5

Bart Lawhorn:

"I have a little more info for you HTA supporters.

Since the acquisition by Muddy Outdoors we here at HTA are doing our best to make the transition smooth and with any issues
Harvest Time Archery will be re-located to Albia, IA and Dustin and Amber decided not to re-locate so they will no longer be employed with MuddyHTA and we wish them the best! Amber is dating my son Zach and Dustin was a friend way before HTA and will continue to be my hunting buddy and friend.
As for me I will be employed by Muddy as the CEO over HTA and this will be a great thing not only for me but for Muddy and all involved with HTA since this move will allow me more time to focus on new product development and quality. I assure you the quality will only increase; as if it could get any better I will be working from my home in Ashland, OH or maybe even San Diego, CA
As for the Advisory Staff we will be having a meeting next week to finalize the decision on what to do with so many of them that has helped HTA got to the dealers we needed to grow as fast as we did in only one year.
My guess on the Advisory Staff is they will be directed to the Muddy Direct Reps in their area and the ASA & IBO Shooting Staff will be directed to me. Next week we will be sending an email out to all instructing them what direction and who they will need to contact about their status on there position.
As for the price increase you must notice on the website it is only at MSRP; not Dealer. The Manufacture Suggested Retail Price is only a suggestion and many dealer sell below MSRP on tons of their products they carry in their shops. We will not sell below MSRP to protect our dealers! Our MSRP is still below 99% of our competition. We will inforce MAP! " Minimum Advertised Price" we don’t want a dealer to advertise product less than that so every dealer can be on the same playing field."

Bart Lawhorn:

"MSRP Price increased?
1. Labor cost increased
2. Carbon cost increased
3. Insert cost increased
4. Nock cost increased
5. Label cost increased
6. Box cost increased
7. Foam cost increased
8. Increase more advertising with TV and Magazines and we need to pay for that also.
9. More employee’s"