Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Last Hope?

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I only have a few cameras out and the bucks are scarce in the areas I have permission to hunt. This is the only buck I have on camera in the last few weeks at one spot. He is a regular, but I haven't seen him in person yet. He is a 9 with nice brows and may be my last hope for the year, unless I get lucky with something else wandering through. Any guesses on a score? 125? If he makes it through this year, he should be great (for my areas) next year. I still have lots of yotes too.

Attachments

• 208.jpg
    208.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 172
  • 352.jpg
    352.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 312.jpg
    312.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 155

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Never know buddy. Just never know. Good luck out there. If nothing else, maybe you thin out a yote or two.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I am not near as good as a lot of guys......But I would say 125-130 ballpark figure. Good Luck out there....still got time left!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice pics Boone. IMO you have 2 different bucks here. The daytime buck is more narrow, heavier and his left main beam tip is higher than the right mb tip. The night time buck has a slightly wider spread and his left mb tip is slightly lower than his right mb tip. That's just how I see it. Both look to be in the mid 120 range but the first heavier buck doesn't give me a good enough look at his brows to guess his score though. Both have great potential if they get by this winter. Both would make nice bowkills too. Goodluck!

Oh, kill that yote!lol

The tell tale sign of there is two different bucks is the first one has a kicker on his left g2 and a g4 on his rightside and the pic on the right is a clean symmetrical 8 pt.

Last edited:

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Thanks guys. I'm going to I'll put the full court press on him the rest of the year (which means once a week, twice at most because I am not using vacation time in January).

Ric, can I convince you it it the same deer with this pic? :smiley_bril: On the original pic at night I posted above, I can zoom in with my photo viewer and see the tiny left g2 kicker. It is hard to see in the head-on night photo because it comes off the front. It's funny how he hs his ears the same way in the two photos. Scanning for yotes so he doesn't get eaten, ha.

I'll have to add the pic from work tomorrow, as it won't load from home.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong Boone.lol

Can you see the g4 on his left side when you zoom in?

Goodluck with him nonetheless. He's a good looking buck!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong Boone.lol

Can you see the g4 on his left side when you zoom in?

Goodluck with him nonetheless. He's a good looking buck!

I was kinda thinking the same thing Ric. It also looks like the left g2 is shorter in one pic than the other.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Here's another pic of him at a slightly different angle. In the night pic, his rt g4 is in-line with the g3. I'll see if I can send you an email. I wish there were two good ones out there! I need all the luck I can get this year:smiley_coolpeace:

Attachments

• PICT0070.jpg
    PICT0070.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 133

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Boone, you are correct and I was wrong. 100% the same deer. I tend to be more conservative on scoring thou and believe he's closer to a 120 123"er. Still a nice buck. He has some side to side deducts which will just keep him out of p&y.