Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Your Trash Bill

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I just got off the phone with Waste Management. I was seeing if any promotions to lower my bill. Instead of 93.00 every 3 months, they offered me a one-time payment for all of 2012 for $192.00. Just thought I'd pass this along as my yearly savings was like $178.00 ~~ Hoping to help any of you who have Waste Management.

saddlepants

central Ohio
Oh wait, I have Mid-Ohio sanitation. They have a yearly plan as well but I didnt take it yet. But still $93?? geesh, can you switch or are you stuck with one company.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I just throw my trash on the Walmart parking lot. Then my parking lot sweepers go sweep it up every night. lmao

Seriously though, it has been a long while since I have had a trash bill. I usually just throw it in the dumpster for our business. I guess I am just cheating. It always did suck to pay for trash though prior to this. We only had 3-4 bags a week and they were like the kitchen sized bags. Of course, with kids it is a bit more now.

Buckmaster

Portage
With my family of 4 we have one garbage bag per week (33 gallon). On Sunday we drop it off at my father in laws (he's single) and also has less than one bag per week. We also recycle and drop off two bins every other week at the recycle center. Now talk about cheap, I've saved $ 54.00 per 3 months for 11 years, $ 54.00 x 44 quarters= $ 2,376.00 in savings. Look at all the new hunting equipment I can now buy.

Now, if only I can get rid of my electric and gas bill....I'm working on that.

Last edited:
I live with a certain radius of a waste management landfill(2mile)..I haul my household trash there for very cheap.And I am allowed 2 trips a year of bulk items(tv,couchs etc etc)..I pay about 2$ per 50lb(around that)..So 6 to 8$ a month MAX..Township contract trash is 40$ for 3 months..I dont use them because by the time i load the trash an drive a 150yrds down the driveway..I can just take it to the landfill..WM also has a thing for us "neighbors" and there employes as well as a few outsiders a few stocked ponds an a 100acre of so you can primitive hunt..The reasoning as to why they do this for the "neighbors"?Years back when I was a wee lad.The landfill was like you see in movies.A horrid mess!!!..They would want to buy land when it was forsale to expand an the township would stop them somehow..They finally cleaned up an decided to play nice with us commoners which let them expand..

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Fuggin Rumpke is keeps sending me a bill and I don't use there service....I burn. They said they found our address on an envelope in the neighbors trash. How do they expect me to send payment when I never contracted their services. Asses...

They told my wife that they wanted our proof that we have permission to burn from the village which we do. Going to tell them to suck a fat one tomorrow.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Fuggin Rumpke is keeps sending me a bill and I don't use there service....I burn. They said they found our address on an envelope in the neighbors trash. How do they expect me to send payment when I never contracted their services. Asses...

They told my wife that they wanted our proof that we have permission to burn from the village which we do. Going to tell them to suck a fat one tomorrow.

I understand the azzholes raising bills to generate money...Now they wanna charge people to live on their route? WTF??????

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I live with a certain radius of a waste management landfill(2mile)..I haul my household trash there for very cheap.And I am allowed 2 trips a year of bulk items(tv,couchs etc etc)..I pay about 2$ per 50lb(around that)..So 6 to 8$ a month MAX..Township contract trash is 40$ for 3 months..I dont use them because by the time i load the trash an drive a 150yrds down the driveway..I can just take it to the landfill..WM also has a thing for us "neighbors" and there employes as well as a few outsiders a few stocked ponds an a 100acre of so you can primitive hunt..The reasoning as to why they do this for the "neighbors"?Years back when I was a wee lad.The landfill was like you see in movies.A horrid mess!!!..They would want to buy land when it was forsale to expand an the township would stop them somehow..They finally cleaned up an decided to play nice with us commoners which let them expand..

Didn't realize you were that close....Your only about 20 min from me then.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Right now I believe it is still 8.25 and he say's it's a 60# bag. I got my last batch out at Hanby Farms. Lined the truck bed with a tarp and pulled under the shute. It was .13 a pound.......1600# came to 208.00 ~~ Plus the corn was a lot cleaner over-all. I got more trash in 1 bag at Gratiot than I got from the whole truck load from Hanby Farms. Hanby claims their corn is dryer so you'll get more per pound. Never been to Sorg Farms Though. Are they N or S of 40 ?

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra

What do you do with all the shit that don't burn?

My trash service costs $61 every 3 months.