Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Samick Sage Recurve Bow ! ! !

hunna771

As you may know, i asked for a new bow for Christmas. A Samick Sage T/D Recurve. well, i got it and man o' man is it a nice bow!! i haven't really shot too many traditional bows, but compared to the ones i have shot and own, this bow is outstanding, especially for the price. I got this bow in the #50 model. I heard that the design and the looks of it were hard on the eyes, but i think its a great lookin' bow. Hard maple and black laminated limbs, and maple& dymond wood laminations. So far, the limbs show no signs of stress marks or any wear and tear. The string that comes with it is a little long, its a standard dacron, Jim Suttinger made me a custom string for it, fast-flite materials, padded loops, and wool silencers. you can barely hear me shoot that thing, its great! I'm using velcro(female side) and a small piece of leather for a rest. I've shot at least 300 arra's per day since i've gotten it. i'm a good shot with it out to 25/30 yds. 2nd day i had it i shot a rabbit with it, and a couple days ago i whacked a squirrel:smiley_bril: keep the critters from eatin' mah corn! Yesterday i deer hunted with it, i got into the woods late and hunted the last half hour, not having enough time to climb my stand i sat on the ground. i had 7 deer come in, but the way this blinds setup i didnt see them until they were about 17 yds away. i didnt have any corn out for them to walk into one of my shooting lanes... :smiley_cry: so i sat for about 20 minutes until they left. i hunted tonight with my camera to film and didnt see jack... i'm gonna get one on film with this bow, lemme tell ya:smiley_coolpeace: So, overall, the Samick Sage recurve is a great bow for the money! I posted some pics, and here's a short video of me shooting the sage and my buddy zak shooting his new bear legion.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwU_JNpHg58 Thanks:smiley_bril::smiley_coolpeace::pickle:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years :)

DSC00008.JPGDSC00012.JPGDSC00005.JPGDSC00006.JPGDSC00011.JPGDSC00007.JPGDSC00010.JPGDSC00009.JPG

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I like it! That Samick will probably be my introduction back to trad.Funny, I had just mentioned Jim the other day to Milo.

hanna771,
Congradulations, on the new recurve! :smiley_bril:

If you wanna get a bad case of traditional archery fever, go to the Traditional Expo, in Kalamazoo, Michigan. It's coming up at the end of this month. You'll get to meet some of the guys you read about, shoot plenty of traditional bows, see all the traditional accessories and have a great time.
http://www.gnbco.com/expo.htm

Bowhunter57