Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

No other river people??

bow lady

NW Ohio
I enjoy fishing the Maumee early and late in the run. The crowds are not too bad and the fish are still there if you work a little.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I enjoy fishing the Maumee early and late in the run. The crowds are not too bad and the fish are still there if you work a little.

Welcome Bow Lady. :smiley_byebye:

Swantucky is on here.. He fishes the Maumee like a pro... Matter of fact he has a guide service also...

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Welcome Bow Lady!

HB and I fish the river almost every day during the run March until May sometime. If you want to fish the peak of the run and are worried about the crowds drop one of us a pm and you can squeeze in with us. Hopefully you don't mind lots of fish, laughs, and a fair amount of bad words.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Swantucky, wonder when Gern will make his appearance and tell us how to catch warreyes? :smiley_cheerleader::smiley_chitchat::cool:

I make appearance. I rike catch warreyes. I know how to catch warreyes.

I tell you how to catch them....... Come to my pond and get in paddleboat and troll night crawler harnesses about 4' below a bobber!!! Warreye very hungry in my pond.:smiley_breakdance:

Me and the kids have been catching them all summer long like this!

haleybrock

:smiley_bril:

I never even tried for them in my pond this year. Normally we catch a few, but the kids have been busy with other things this summer.

BTW, swantucky found the thong you left out on the island. You prolly recognize it in the avatar. :smiley_blink:

Last edited:

Matt

Norton, OH
I sold my float tube, so unfortunately I will have to resort to just fishing from shore next time I am up visiting swantucky.... ;)

I do some river fishing on the Cuyahoga from time to time, pike, smallies, crappie and rock bass mostly. Stay tuned for an update on my new river adventure after this weekend. ;)

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I fish Lake Erie for Walley and perch BUT when the fall hits I am fly fishing the rivers here in North East Ohio for the Steel Heads. :smiley_asswhip:

These are just a few of many. Great time from September (late) until spring around Easter. Only problem in last spring the dang Suckers run the rivers as well.

:smiley_cry:

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Sooooooo Matt, you want to :smiley_caravan: up and do some fishing this spring?

Why wait until spring, they start running in late September depending on the weather and river conditions. I :smiley_asswhip: ( I know that is a whip but it closes they have for fly fishing ).

Biggest one I caught was in November, 12 pounds 1 oz. He is the one in my Avitar.

I worked a ton durning the winter and spring so I missed the BIG run in the spring.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I fish Lake Erie for Walley and perch BUT when the fall hits I am fly fishing the rivers here in North East Ohio for the Steel Heads. :smiley_asswhip:

These are just a few of many. Great time from September (late) until spring around Easter. Only problem in last spring the dang Suckers run the rivers as well.

:smiley_cry:

Those are some awesome fish RD. All we have over here is carp streams! I would miss a lot of work if I had that kind of opportunity close to home. Trout are really cool fish, and river fishing is as good as it gets for me.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Thanks Gern.

Got to be honest one of the better spots I fish is no more then 2 or 3 minutes from my house. I can walk to it in about 10 minutes but I usually drive my truck or ATV to it.

I can hit 4 or 5 spots within 10 to 15 minutes. I am very lucky to live that close. :smiley_crazy:

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Thats Ok Matt.........Hoyt will cover for ya.

I actually hunt in the morning, fish durning the day to early afternoon and hunt in the evening. Of course I am single so I can get a way with it, lol.

Keep ya posted on how things go. :smiley_boogie:

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Not sure when i would find the time RD but I would love to try for those steelhead. If you ever wanna give the walleye a try up here give me a holler.

Last edited:

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Not sure when i would find the time RD but I would love to try for those steelhead. If you ever wanna give the walleye a try up here give me a holler.

Cool, thanks for the invite Swantucky!! Same right back at ya, if you get a chance and I am home from the rig we should hook up.