Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bike and sled side-by-side world record attempt on ESPN right now

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Yea. In fact the sled set a new world record of 412 ft. The bike went over 370ft. They jumped "side-by-side" .
Kinda cool. Usual hype leading up to the midnight jump but still cool.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It was kinda lackluster IMO. Still crazy, but it didn't live up to the hype and the camera angles were crap. I thought ESPN dropped the ball on that front. But 412 feet on a sled is UNREAL!!!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Your right Jesse.
Hell of a jump by each of em and my back hurt just watching the landing but the hour before was a waste.

That crazy bastard on the bike that jumped to the roof of the 10 story building last year than back down was wilder! esp. going back down!!! Now that was insane!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
It was kinda lackluster IMO. Still crazy, but it didn't live up to the hype and the camera angles were crap. I thought ESPN dropped the ball on that front. But 412 feet on a sled is UNREAL!!!

Yeah, I wan't real impressed either. I guess we see stuff like this TOO often to realize just how spectacular it really is.
I think it's kinda hard to top Robbie Maddison in 2008-2009...

[video=youtube;MLejkyXbJlc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLejkyXbJlc[/video]

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I just can't imagine the freefall off the building after he was already up there. The landing ramp had to look tiny from way up there.

I agree. There have always been those hillclimbs when dirt biking that you try and try and try. Some of them you finally make it to the top. It is the hill climb you conquer that the other guys don't which feels pretty good as an accomplishment. Those are the scariest ones to descend. I can't imagine the descent for this guy. Looks like the landing was harsh as can be. Suspension bottomed hard. He landed it though! Amazing!