Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

G. Fred Asbell

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My loving bride ordered me every book he has out for Christmas. I never had the original "Instinctive Shooting", but I did have "IS 2", and it served to nearly destroy my shooting after reading it and trying to do as instructed. Honestly, I haven't shot as well since reading it as I did before - and I have worked hard to get the mojo back! Anyway, the latest book, "Advanced IS" is a good read. The funny thing is that he has corrected, or stated differently, the things I could not do in Instictive Shooting 2. Jeez o' Pete, all these years I thought the dude was off his rocker because I could not shoot as he suggested in IS2, now he says he couldn't either...ha! Anyway, the latest book is a good read. I don't know if it would be helpful to a new shooter, but a guy that has shot enough will definately say "you got that right" a lot when reading it.

He has a kick-butt book out on stalking/stillhunting too that I'd recommend to any of you that haven't already developed your own game for hunting on the ground. Any of you that do it will again be saying "you got that right" again.

No real point to this thread I guess, just thought I'd pass along my thoughts. I think they are a couple of helpful books for new shooters or ground hunters, and will confirm what you already know if it isn't new to you.

brock ratcliff,
If you'd like to meet the man, he's usually at the Traditional Archery Expo, in Kalamazoo, Michigan and it's coming up at the end of this month.
http://www.gnbco.com/expo.htm

I've been there and met Fred Asbel, Gene and Barry Wensel and Jerry Hill (Howard Hill's nephew). Lot's of bows, accessories, outfitters and a place to shoot any bow that you might be interested in purchasing.

Bowhunter57

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sounds like a good time, and thanks for the heads up. But, I think I'll be skipping it again this year.