Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rip Matilda

saddlepants

central Ohio
Rip Matilda my first deer trackin Bloodhound from Soggy Mountain Bloodhounds in Tennesee. She was a good old dog. I heard she was put down today... Here she is with her first "real track" after finished training.
2007 12 point with Maddie.jpg
She is the biggest one close to me in this pic. All these hounds are gone now. I miss working with them.
me n hounds.jpg

saddlepants,
Dogs...all dogs become a part of your family and it's a hard emotional loss when they die. You have my sincere condolences. :smiley_ahh:

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you, more than he loves himself.

Bowhunter57

Last edited:

lung buster

hocking county
I know what you mean. Our family went through it on Nov 13 when the wife and had to decide to put down the 5th member of our family. Damn, that sucked and still does. Jack was the keeper of our home and never felled to greet us upon our arrival. It still feels empty around our place. Sorry for your loss SP.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I know what you mean. Our family went through it on Nov 13 when the wife and had to decide to put down the 5th member of our family. Damn, that sucked and still does. Jack was the keeper of our home and never felled to greet us upon our arrival. It still feels empty around our place. Sorry for your loss SP.

Sorry SP.
But here's a thought: I don't know for sure, but believe that it's completely possible, that when our time comes, and we cross that great divide, that we might just get greeted and mobbed by our canine buddies that prededed us. Picture that - wouldn't that be something? Because dogs go to Heaven - or it wouldn't be Heaven.

saddlepants

central Ohio
Yeah thanks guys, But I really lost her a little over two years ago to my ex , It just made me a little sad to hear after hearing all three of my hounds died within the last two years. Not with me, The two others I sold to a "not-as-good -as -I thought" person who let one die that probably could have been saved by a trip to the vet and couldnt keep the other one contained on a busy road. My dogs never got loose like that - you gotta be vigilent with hunting hounds, they wont stay around! My neighbors beagles get out all the time and run rabbits all night.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Sorry to hear about your loss SP. I know it can be tuff. Here is a small story I read once shortly after losing my best friend. Hope you enjoy.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....