Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

day at the range

took the wife this afternoon so we could sight in her wolf and my encore.got the wifes on paper in 2 shots then she took over,don't have pics but the last 3 shots at 50yrds
had one ragged hole 2 1/2'' high so i took it out to 100yrds an she took 2 shots 1st 3''
left an 2''high 2nd 1'' right 1'' high. i loader her up fired 1 at 100yrds 2''high dead center.the wolf is ready,shooting 90grs of pyrodex-rs pushing a xtp240grn 44cal.
the encore 1st 2shots were touching at 4''high 5''left.made scope adjustment,3rd 3'' high dead center.moved out 2 100yrds 3shots one ragged hole from 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 high''
dead center :smiley_clap: moved 2 the 200yrd range and fired 2 shots using the 200yrd line on my scope 1st shot was 4''low an 2'' right 2nd shot 3''low and dead center i was shocked lol.am using 2 triple7 pellets pushing a 250grn shockwave.
i guess both guns are ready 4 the 7 lol wifes never hunted with a muzzle loader< this should be fun lol
twister

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Once you get used to that Encore, you will no longer use a slug-gun. I haven't carried my shotgun since I bought the Omega. You only need 1 shot when it is where it counts. I shot one deer at 229 yds.....wouldn't even think twice out there at 250. Good Luck TOO You Both!