Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bobcat?

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
What's it look like to you guys? Regular cat, bobcat or dog?
I'm thinking it's a bobcat..

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I just put my magnafying glass on the pic (I'm old ya know)...I think I see a long tail.... However.... The markings on the left front leg leave a question mark in my head. I have also heard of Bobcat's being born with like 6-7" tail...... I dunno. Be interesting to see what "The Jury" thinks.

saddlepants

central Ohio
I just put my magnafying glass on the pic (I'm old ya know)...I think I see a long tail.... However.... The markings on the left front leg leave a question mark in my head. I have also heard of Bobcat's being born with like 6-7" tail...... I dunno. Be interesting to see what "The Jury" thinks.
I dont see any tail and if your thinkin its draped around in front of him, cats dont move like that...If a cat is moving along like he is the tail would be straight out the back (stalking) or straight up in the air (seeking attention or marking)

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
It looks to me like the tail is straight out, about 6 inches long or so, but it looks kinda bushy which makes me think fox..but then the body is built way too much like a bobcat, so i dont know what to think.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Sucker has some bright white teeth!

Seriously though, I think it's built like a cat, and the way the head is shaped looks cat like.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My initial thought was like Buckslayer: fox. More I look at it, I suppose it could be an ordinary cat too. Tail is a little longer and bushier than I would think one would find on a bobcat. I am far from an expert though.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I would get my hands on some cat-nip and fasten it tight on that tree cluster. Put it about 18" off the ground.....In a week or two, you should have a better pic or two.........

saddlepants

central Ohio
Ok I can see where your seeing a "tail" - I didnt realize I had to slide the big picture over, lol , my bad. But those Large back haunches and legs tell me its still no fox and no Ordinary house cat.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Here is an enhanced detail.

Attachments

• fix.jpg
    fix.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 214
  • fix2.jpg
    fix2.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
You can see the tail much clearer in the 1st enhanced picture, in that picture i wanna saw its a yote, but the 2nd enhanced pic tells me bobcat. It is Meigs county, maybe it's a crossbread lol