Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ancestry.com

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Scott my Co. Man has been bugging me 3 or 4 months to sign up to Ancestry.com to track my family tree. I finally caved in and did it and I must say it is cool as hell. I am only back to the great grandparents but on my fathers side they came from England, my Moms side are so far still from here. I have found photo's of my fathers great grandfather and Mother, death certificates, cenus when they came off the boat. It is really interesting and cost $30.00 a month. During the Rig move I plan on spending a day with my Mom because she knows names and dates that I dont so I can make some more head way.

Just thought I would share this with my TOO family members.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I always wondered how the site was. It seems a bit steep for $30 a month though. I could see $30 one time payment. Let us know how far it ends up going.

Yea $30.00 is kind of alot per month but what you can discover is priceless. I think I will work it for another month or so and if I find more intersting things keep it going. I came up with some really interesting things that my Mom or even CJD ( my brother ) did not know. I don't know $30.00 is a small price to pay to learn about your family if you have a interest in it.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I have done a good bit of genealogy over the years. 10 years ago there was a more lot free info, sites like Ancestory.com seem to have hurt more then helped. I don't mind paying for primary info but have a hard time paying for secondary info that has no guaranty of accuracy. I was fortunate that much of my family was well documented, I didn't have to do the hard work of figuring out where everyone came from.

But in your case it make sense to pay to have access to their large date base.