Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How to~ on pics

saddlepants

central Ohio
I know how to post a pic but want to know how you guys imbed a bigger pic in your post. I used to be good at it on another forum but have lost it in the brain files somewhere

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Photobucket IMG codes are the ones that show up big...

yeppers

Or any img coded hyperlinked photo. Attachments are thumbnails, hyperlinks are sized to fit the board.

To hyperlink a photo copy the URL of the image... Click the picture button in the reply box, click the tab that says from URL, paste the link and uncheck the box that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
While we're on this subject, I'll mention sharing videos. I've noticed that sometimes when someone tries to share a video, from youtube for example, only the link shows up instead of the embedded video frame. A quick tip... when you're in youtube and click the share button, there's an "options" button that appears next to the video url... click that and then check the box labeled as "long link." This will give you the full url code. Copy and paste this url into the 'insert video' button when making a post here and it will display the embedded video frame instead of just the link.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
While we're on this subject, I'll mention sharing videos. I've noticed that sometimes when someone tries to share a video, from youtube for example, only the link shows up instead of the embedded video frame. A quick tip... when you're in youtube and click the share button, there's an "options" button that appears next to the video url... click that and then check the box labeled as "long link." This will give you the full url code. Copy and paste this url into the 'insert video' button when making a post here and it will display the embedded video frame instead of just the link.

Yep. Or copy the actual link from the browser window. :)

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County