Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

When I trains it pours - Thank GOD!

saddlepants

central Ohio
Ken didnt work for over a month and has had a real hard time getting his feet under him since moving here. Up North he knew everybody in the business and they new his quality. He had slow times but never like this. Hes found himself with shit jobs and A$$hole contractors just to keep us afloat. NOw he landed a spot as a cert Lowes installer which is slamming him with work right now and one of the shit jobs keeps begging him to come back and THEn one of the super really good contractors wants him to start jobs for him in march (commercial jobs, great pay). He worked for this job with one of the shit bosses and decided to put in his own bids....It seemed like they wanted no part of him seeing he came from someone they hated doing business with but they called him today and want him to start for them in March. Whew. Its a good thing they dont want him right away. Needs a small pocketful of cash to start a job and our pockets are melted away right now. This is all a good thing. Dont want to burn the bridge with them by saying "no, I cant do it" He has to find a crew and save up a stash cash...no problem...well sometimes the crew part is. No one wants to work. Its usually out of town a few days, waaa. Its amazing how many people claim to be out of work but dont WANT to work. Im thanking God for this...it all happened to fall apart after he told me to quit my job:smiley_confused_vra

Milo

Tatonka guide.
My good friend is a roofer and has the same problem as your husband..prevailing wage and nobody will even sniff being remotely dependable. he works his ass off and is a self made man. great role model yet all they see is a straw boss. Good luck to Ken and you too SP.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Goodluck to you and your hubby SP! Our government has helped turn our society into entitlement central. It's no wonder nearly half of the US population is on some kind of assistance or pays no taxes. It's really sad!

Sorry for the rant. Hope the best for your family in 2012.