Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2011 season

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
My 2011 Ohio buck. I took him on Nov. 7th at about 11am. He was the first mature buck i saw in 4 days of sitting in 1 spot. Its a typical hill country funnel and he came thru very fast hot after a doe. It all happened in a matter of seconds. 4 dark to dark days on stand came down to a matter of 15 seconds. He was moving so fast that he got by me and the only shot i had was a quartering away shot at about 20 yards. He went about 40 yards. He's a typical 12 point and he will score anywhere from 138 to 142 What i really like about this buck is his cape.

My 2011 WV buck. I took him on the first day of gun season at about 2pm. It was pouring rain but i thought i heard something behind me. I slowly turned and there he was standing just outside of the thicket..He caught my movement and immediatetly bolted down the mountain..I got lucky and caught him as he leaped off the third bench down. He then rolled to the bottom. It was a horrible drag out. He's an older Wv buck and will score anywhere from 140 to 143 gross.

I will head back out one more time to scout in MZ season just so my buddy is not alone. He has an unfilled tag.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice work! Congratulations on a great season! Kinda offsets some of the years where we eat our tags I guess. lol I'm still waiting on a season like yours.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Thanks fellas..

Here's my buddies Vinton co. state forest buck..He got him in that rain the first day of slug. He scored 155 4/8.

sorry for the blurry pic..My phone doesnt take pics at night very well

Last edited: