Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

what george said

gw.jpg
twister

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Brother, you and I are on the same side of the fence on 2nd amendment issues, I have no doubt.
The above quote, however, is not accurate.

The actual quote:

A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well digested plan is requisite: And their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories, as tend to render them independent on others, for essential, particularly for military supplies.
---George Washington's First Annual Message to Congress (January 8, 1790)

So many of the founding fathers have been misquoted or have been taken so badly out of context that whenever I see a quote nowadays, I always check it.
This is the webpage where I found the reference http://www.guncite.com/gc2ndbog.html
I went to their homepage and did some browsing around; looks like a pretty informative site...I'll be spending some time checking it out before I give it any kind of endorsement though.

Make no mistake; gun control advocates are fundamentally wrong and misguided, but that doesn't mean they aren't intelligent and relentless. We have to make sure that we are as diligent and correct when presenting our arguments so as not to give them "ammunition".

haha - ammunition in the hands of gun control advocates - I made a funny....