Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shed out bucks.

saddlepants

central Ohio
Wow, I heard you guys talking about bucks dropping during Muzzy season but I didn't believe it. Around here i have always noticed it starting not till around March or so> wth?

Got One

Same here

after

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am thinking feb-Mar around here generally. Seems to be a geographical thing. Every year I hear of guys saying they have bucks shedding in Dec-Jan. I don't doubt them. Just glad I don't live in an area where they shed early.

Got One

Sorry about that, I fixed pics in earlier reply. 2 small bucks also half racks, but still have 5 bucks with full headgear.

Last edited:

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I have yet to see a shed buck. I'm out looking about every morning and all the bucks I'm seeing are still chasing does around...

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Found my first shed of 2010 last December on the 18th in a corn pile. Looked into it and there are several factors for shedding. Loss of Testosterome, Stress and Diet were among the top.

saddlepants

central Ohio
This mild winter has done allot of wierd stuff. Someone I know posted a pic of forsythias blooming earlier this month, does that mean only two more weeks till spring?:smiley_clap: