Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Road kill

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My neighbor stopped in here a little while ago to show us the buck he hit about 1/2 mile down the road. We've heard about him, and actually saw him a day or two after gun season closed. He crossed the road in front of us about the same place the neighbor hit him. Dang shame.

Attachments

• roadkill.jpg
    roadkill.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 263

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Crappy pic of course. Mainframe 10. Counting the junk around the bases, 15 scoreable. Dang shame.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Its a big old Ford farm truck, just dented the bumper a little. He said the deer bounced off the truck and on into a field. He went on into town, and when he came back he saw the deer laying dead. It is a shame. It's one of 'em that would really get your attention in the woods.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My neighbor doesn't know anything about deer. He lives on a farm, but doesn't know how to turn a dead animal into food. So, I told him I'd take care of it for him, call it the Christmas spirit runnin wild...or stupidity. Anyway, after gutting it and caping the thing, I made a few measurements. Not enough to score it mind you, just enough to give an idea. 22" inside spread, 30" main beams, 11" g3's, 6 1/2 bases. I took some more crappy pics I'll try to post.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Oh yeah, two wounds that appear to be from a 22, and at least one from an arrow. Haven't even cut into the meat yet!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang nice buck Brock. Sorry to hear this. U sure those mb's are 30"? If so they're world class! Just saying'. Thanks for sharing.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Dang nice buck Brock. Sorry to hear this. U sure those mb's are 30"? If so they're world class! Just saying'. Thanks for sharing.

Yes. Not many deer make me say "dang"...this one did. I snapped a couple of pics of the head and cape on the floor of my garage, I'll post 'em when I get around to it.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Here they are...

Attachments

• 100_2779.jpg
    100_2779.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 100_2778.jpg
    100_2778.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 193
  • 100_2776.jpg