Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Closed cell foam

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Looking for a source of closed cell foam. Not real particular on size. Rolls would be best though. Probably going to cut it down to 36"x24" I was suprised when I saw prices on line. Hell, it can be scrap for all I care.

Thanks all.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
It is used in alot of applications most commonly seen in packing/shipping and contruction/sound dampening. It is sheets of plastic/poly and other material that has trapped bits of air in the cell which is trapped and not interconnected.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
They use closed cell foam at work for ejecting corrugated on die boards, but scrap would be small. How thick? We also have thin 1/16" 52"x80" sheets. They come in with the plate making material as a cushion.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Any type of foam would work. I have three projects going where I could use the foam. Target for the basement, insulation for another, sound deadoning for another.

Dan - I am not sure what they use for campers but most anything will work if it is foam.

Mike - Small scraps really wouldn't work. Those sheets would be perfect but for me to buy them they are suprisingly expensive.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Any type of foam would work. I have three projects going where I could use the foam. Target for the basement, insulation for another, sound deadoning for another.

Dan - I am not sure what they use for campers but most anything will work if it is foam.

Mike - Small scraps really wouldn't work. Those sheets would be perfect but for me to buy them they are suprisingly expensive.

I can get you the sheets, bear in mind they are 1/16" thick. Is that thick enough? I can't give them all up because we use them for packing plates and negatives, but I can let some of them go. How many 52"x80" would you need?

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 183

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I can get you the sheets, bear in mind they are 1/16" thick. Is that thick enough? I can't give them all up because we use them for packing plates and negatives, but I can let some of them go. How many 52"x80" would you need?

I would need alot. But that stuff would be better than ideal but I don't wanna take anything your work would use. Alot of times shipping companies and manufactures recieve foam like that and just discard it.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I would need alot. But that stuff would be better than ideal but I don't wanna take anything your work would use. Alot of times shipping companies and manufactures recieve foam like that and just discard it.

This is material that would usually get pitched, but we found some uses for it. Humor me, how many pieces?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
This is material that would usually get pitched, but we found some uses for it. Humor me, how many pieces?

Around 100 sheets. With what I have written out it would be more like 140 sheets for all the projects.

I have emailed a foam/packing company to see what they can get me. They are out of Barberton Ohio...Merryweather Foam, Inc to see what they can do for pricing. There is a place out West I can get it but shipping costs more than the material.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Around 100 sheets. With what I have written out it would be more like 140 sheets for all the projects.

I have emailed a foam/packing company to see what they can get me. They are out of Barberton Ohio...Merryweather Foam, Inc to see what they can do for pricing. There is a place out West I can get it but shipping costs more than the material.

Umm, you're on your own. Sorry man!