Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock Lesnar breaks hunting laws

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar paid a fine and made an apology in a hunting incident in Canada from last year that made major news on the Internet last week when he was accused of several violations.
Lesnar was charged with failing to properly tag a deer, unlawful possession of wildlife and abandonment/wasting of the edible flesh of big game. Lesnar paid a fine for failing to tag a mule deer he shot, but the charge of abandonment was dropped.
The incident occurred during a hunt in Alberta, Canada, in 2010.
Lesnar released a statement in which he said, in part:
"In Alberta, Americans can't hunt without a licensed outfitter. The outfitter is there to make sure you follow the rules. I had two deer tags for the trip, which meant I could legally shoot two deer. On the first day of the trip, I shot a mule deer. On the second day, I shot a white tail. Video from the hunt has been on the Internet for over a year. After I shot the mule deer, I failed to immediately tag it. As far as I was involved, that's all there is to it.
"Now it's resolved. I paid my fine today. It's the kind of thing that happens to hunters all the time. I want to thank the Canadian authorities for their cooperation in resolving this misunderstanding. I love Canada and I can't wait to go back to Alberta for a hunt."
Lesnar said he had nothing to do with the abandonment charge and was relying on the outfitter to comply with the rules.

Schu72 said:
I just shoot stuff and let other people worry about the details....that's hunting, right?
That's about what I was thinking, after reading Brock's statement. He doesn't have enough hunting ethics and/or experience, but he has plenty of money. An all too familar story with people of fame and fortune. :smiley_arrogant:

Bowhunter57