Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2011 buck

CritterGitter

Wadsworth
Well just joined this site today might as well make this my first post, 2011 buck with my compound bow. 11-12-2011 9 pt had some time to find my story from OS.. thirty deer sightings all in rut mode. i watched a 4 pt run in circles around a big maple tree probably ten times chasing a doe it was really something to see. so anyways around 715 i have about 8 doe come running under my stand. I see a young buck chasing a doe as well as a bigger buck. they meander off out of sight into a really big area of woods and i was somewhat bummed about not having a shot on that buck. so for the next hour i pass up some smaller 6 and 4 pts waiting out for a more mature deer. around 850 i cannot believe my eyes when i saw the same nice buck from earlier dogging a doe headed straight for me . i rangefind a tree the doe is headed for and its forty yards away. a little bit out of my comfort zone with my compound bow. so in order to shoot to my right side and with me being right handed i had to stand up and face the tree, a first for me because i have always been able to shoot deer sitting down. as i turn around, my knee hits my seat on my lone wolf hand climber and it crashes down to the platform. doe looks up at me but thankfully the buck kept pressing her on and she keeps trottin. to my surprise the buck takes a closer trail and at twenty yards i get him to stop and i let an arrow fly. he was looking at me slightly quartered towards me and i hit him in the kneck and got a double lung. i watched him fall 60 yds away and couldnt believe id finally done it. The i have been bowhunting 3 years since i was 13 and have killed 5 doe and wounded one nice buck and passed up countless younger bucks knowing that they may one day become the next trophy. to say the least i'm extremely pleased and happy to see things finally come together....

i know this should prolly go in the new user section but heres a little bio about myself. my name is jake and i am 16. been hunting for 4 years. serious archery hunting for 2. i really enjoy hunting and see it almost as therapy to get away from highschool drama and all the negative things in life. not too sure what else to say haha. name is buckhunter on OS but that was taken here. CritterGitter is what all my buddies call me

Attachments

• 380370_2578288587158_1552705798_2654241_582539295_n.jpg
    380370_2578288587158_1552705798_2654241_582539295_n.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hell of a deer man. Nice kill. Glad you weren't the other CritterGitter I know! Feel free to jump in and make yourself at home!!! Congrats on a great season!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Umm. . . what Jesse said. I was thinking of someone else. lol

Congrats on your buck and welcome to the site!

RUT NUT

Welcome aboard and nice buck! Take the time to write up a story on the hunt/kill/history with him.

epe

Lancaster
Hell of a deer man. Nice kill. Glad you weren't the other CritterGitter I know! Feel free to jump in and make yourself at home!!! Congrats on a great season!

Oooh do tell. I am arguing with him on OGF about the buckeyes right now ;)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Oooh do tell. I am arguing with him on OGF about the buckeyes right now ;)

Please don't Jesse. No sense in bringing negativity to the site. lol

To our new member Crittergitter, I commend you on a fine buck. To be this passionate about the sport at 16yrs old says a lot about you. I thing you will really enjoy this place. Great site to be a part of. . . even if JD says we are a bunch of losers. I am fine with being a loser. lol