Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1 year bowl ban for buckeyes..

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Why penalize for next year, when almost everybody involved is gone and we replaced them with people that had nothing to do with it..i understand their penalizing the whole program but come on!?!?!?! That's a bunch of bull in my opinion...:smiley_confused_vra:BS:

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Smith could of taken the self imposed bowl ban this year and didn't... For this he should be fired. Why have the guys next year pay for the scumbags from this season. Makes no sense at all.... FIRE SMITH!!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Because they had players who said they would serve a 5 game suspension if allowed to play in a bowl game...

They were allowed to play

They Won

The didn't hold up their end of the bargain..

They relinquished the win.

It would be stupid to ban OSU form a bowl game that's at the end of a 6 and 6 season.. Big whoop. What a crappy punishment..

Nope! Punish them where it counts next year when they're back on their feet somewhat and have a shot at a decent game. ..Like the one they shouldn't have been allowed to play last year that they later relinquished.

Sure the promise was between the players and the coach. But bet your bottom dollar it swayed the NCAA's opinion somewhat towards holding their punishment last year... They trusted coach somewhat to handle the punishment.. Then they all bailed... Here comes the NCAA with a belt to finish the ass whipping they should have given out last year.. Not on a stupid 6 and 6 season bowl game that in reality nobody cares about.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I expected it and agree with the decision to ban us from one bowl; although I disagree with it being a 2012 ban. But I do see a positive as this takes a lot of pressure off of next year. So use it to learn, grow, and cohere as a team. Then when 2013 rolls around, unless Hells fury on the Big Whatever and with any luck, the SEC!!!