Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

? for you guys

hunter11

Akron
I am dumbfounded, the farm that I am hunting was producing some great pics and deer sightings during bow season. Atleast 5 shooter bucks and a many doe oppertunities. It wasnt uncommon to see 8 to 10 deer a day during the daylight hours. When gun season came it shut off I didnt see a tail the whole week of gun season. The Monday after gun we put a trail camara up and kept it there until Wed the the 14th when there was 400 pics of deer on this camara every single pic is a night between 6:30 and 5 am. We didnt see a deer the Sat of the two day hunt so before we left we hung the camara back and put corn down. Yesterday we didnt see a deer and when we left the woods I grabed the camara because it had 130 pics on it from the night before my camara is set to take pics every 2 min. There were 2 shooter bucks and numerous does that came to eat this corn but vanished They didnt seemed spooked I dont understand where they went I have been hunting 20yrs and never seen anything like it. Any clue from you guys where or why I am not seeing deer during the daylight hours.:smiley_confused_vra

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Trying not to sound like a smart a$*, but my guess would be becaus ethey have wised up on the fact that they arent getting shot at during the night. So they hole up and are not going to moved unless they absolutely have to during daylight hours.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Give it week or so with no pressure and you'll start too see them again at dawn and dusk.... then muzzleloader will come in and then you'll start all over again and by then end of season you'll start seeing them again... put the camera back out and try and find a pattern.... best advice I can give....

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I have had similiar problems. Noticed though on the cameras that they do tend to start coming in earlier and earlier at dusk (Colder the better) until one finally came in early enough that he didn't make it home that night.

saddlepants

central Ohio
The property I hunt is the same way. All Nocturnal. Tracks everywhere but no deer in the daylight. But Ill see deer before or after shooting light. I think someone sent out a memo this year to the deer!