Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This past weekend

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Didn't murder em but managed to scratch 6 each day. Seeing lots of birds but they sure are wary now and seem to have their flight plans established . Managed to shoot my first ever redheads Saturday along with a nice pintail and a greenhead. Sunday was 3 mallards aw mallard black hybrid and 2 geese

Last edited:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Thanks. The boat is my buddies. I think its a royal pain hunting out of a boat but water levels and birds location have kinda forced us to use it some. Its nice to haul stuff in for sure. Just hate hunting deep water I guess..

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Thanks. The boat is my buddies. I think its a royal pain hunting out of a boat but water levels and birds location have kinda forced us to use it some. Its nice to haul stuff in for sure. Just hate hunting deep water I guess..
Not really any other option with all this rain it seems like lol.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Whats funny is a week and a half ago I short rigged all my decoys Texas style . Hell, the last ten yrs I never hunted water over 4 ft deep. Since I have done that 3 out of 4 hunts have been deeper water hunts....figures.

Derek j

Knox Co.
Same thing happened to is a week ago. I have my divers on 4' Texas rigs. I figured the water was a little higher than normal, so I brought along a dozen extra 4' lines. Much to my surprise the lake was 12' higher than usual. I had to have a total of 20' on each decoy. But we did kill two hooded mergansers that day......so it was worth it.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You gonna put that pinnie on the wall or what?!?!? Some great looking birds there, dude.... good job. :smiley_clap:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
You gonna put that pinnie on the wall or what?!?!? Some great looking birds there, dude.... good job. :smiley_clap:

Nah, breasted em out. Thought about mounting that redhead since I have never even x seen one while hunting but I hate spending the money.