Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

.22 handgun for protection 101

Hunters, take note of this....Some of you non-hunters may also be interested in this. On a recent hunting forum the question came up... "What is the smallest caliber you trust to protect yourself."

The answer was...

My personal favorite defense gun has always been a Beretta Jetfire in .22 short! I've found over the years when hiking (hunting) I never leave without it in my pocket. Of course we all know the first rule when hiking in the wilderness is to use the "Buddy System." For those of you who may be unfamiliar with this it means you NEVER hike alone, you bring a friend, in-law, companion, even an asshole neighbor, that way if something happens there is someone to go get help.

I remember one time hiking with my asshole neighbor, in northern Ontario. Out of nowhere came this huge brown bear and man was she MAD! We must have been near one of her cubs. Any way if I had not had my little Jetfire I am sure I would not be here today. :smiley_chinrub:

That's right... one shot to my neighbor's knee cap and I was able to escape by just walking at a brisk pace.

That little Jetfire is one of the best pistols in my safe! :smiley_blink:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Kinda like the old saying that you don't have to out-run the bear, you just have to out-run the guy next to you...