Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

All your drone are belong to Iran

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

I don't know if you guys have been keeping up with the whole unmanned drone incident in Iran... Apparently we have been sending these Highly secret drone spy aircraft into Iran to take pictures of things... The Iranians knew they we're there and instead of shooting them down decided to watch them and figure it out... First they we're able to intercept the video signals the planes we're transmitting and watch them in real time.... But the crowning moment came a couple weeks ago... We thought we lost a drone over Iran. Figured a mechanical issue caused it to crash. Since then we have come to find out that wasn't the case at all.. Iran simply stole it... lmao... I know I shouldn't laugh because this is a huge national defense issue and is really really bad... But come on, you have to give the little fugger credit for this...

The Drones Operated on a GPS guidance system and signals relayed from the US controllers.... If at anytime the drone was to loose communications with the controllers it went into fail safe mode, kicked on auto pilot, and returned to home base completely automated... GPS signals are very easy to jam but it wouldn't offer much benefit to the Iranians to jam them as the drone would simply turn around and go home.

So here is what they did.. After studying the signals we use to control the drone, they managed to hack into one flying above and replace the fail-safe auto pilot script.. Then all they had to do was Jam the GPS guidance... The Drone went into fail-safe mode, kicked on auto pilot, and returned home, However it's new home was an Iranian runway... lmao lmao lmao...... The didn't even have to figure out how to fly the fugger, no building a control station, NOTHING... The damn thing delivered itself right to their doorstep landing itself on the runway they wanted it to...

abc_iran_drone_nt_111208_wg.jpg

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I am glad to see more of our tax dollars going to help advance other countries technologies.

Really though.... Why didn't this fugger have a self destruct mechanism.. Not the whole plane, but at least the brain.. 1 oz of C4 on the brain and some code that says, "If you lose signal and don't get XYZ code within YY hours. Blow up the computer... We spend billions on a drone program and some c4 and three extra lines of code is too much?? Sheesh... They have this fugger lock, stock, and barrel completely intact, code and all.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
BTW.. The Iranian that was reportedly the brains behind the hacking was found dead yesterday of a "heart attack" at age 28.... Basically the CIA wacked him.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Please tell me that that puppy has a self destruct button on it

Really though.... Why didn't this fugger have a self destruct mechanism.. Not the whole plane, but at least the brain.. 1 oz of C4 on the brain and some code that says, "If you lose signal and don't get XYZ code within YY hours. Blow up the computer... We spend billions on a drone program and some c4 and three extra lines of code is too much?? Sheesh... They have this fugger lock, stock, and barrel completely intact, code and all.

Nope!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I asked the same questions regarding the self destruct. Seems too simple...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
we need to find the coordinates of where it is and make that a 2 mile wide smokin' hole.

Too late. They already have what they need. I'm sure it was stripped within a couple hours and the parts sent all over the country. That is probably just the shell in the picture. That's why it has a valance around it. Even the landing gear has been removed.

Huckleberry Finn

Too late. They already have what they need. I'm sure it was stripped within a couple hours and the parts sent all over the country. That is probably just the shell in the picture. That's why it has a valance around it. Even the landing gear has been removed.

Guess we'll have to make a bunch of 2 mile wide smokin' holes