Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Packs/Quivers

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Trying to decide on what route I wanna go. I don't shoot with a quiver on my bow so I was thinking of going with a Catquiver, Game Plan Spot-n-stalk, or make my own from a less expensive pack.

So help me make up my mind. Let me know what you think and why.

Beentown,
I used to have the basic quiver of the Catquiver models and I liked it. The only drawback was putting an arrow back into the quiver, you pretty much had to take it off, put the arrow back and put the quiver back on.

Otherwise, for not having a quiver on the bow, I prefer a Kolpin hip quiver. You just can't fasten the leg tie, as it will make the quiver move too much.

I've tried several types of quivers, over the years, but ended up staying with a quiver on the bow. I like having the arrows within sight, in case a second shot presents itself.

Bowhunter57

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have the Bow Bat XL and the Spot N' Stalk. (I use a Bohning Lynx 6-arrow quiver as well...) I use the Bow Bat on my morning hunts or all day sits and I use the Spot N' Stalk on afternoon hunts and/or when I pack in my Millennium combo...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry I am not much help here. I use a Tightspot quiver and leave it on the bow. I do use my gameplan gear bow bag and I think the quality of their products is amazing. Outside of speaking for the quality in their gear bags, I am not much help. They are not cheap, but they are also not junk. I think the value for the money is well worth it though. I can carry EVERYTHING in mine. Hooyman saw, camera equipment, bow/quiver, lunch, jacket, knife set, camera cards/keys, flashlights, sunglasses case, chew, license holder, extra gloves, strap my seat cushion to it, scents/wicks, etc. Shall I continue? That thing allows me to be a total pack mule.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have the Bow Bat XL and the Spot N' Stalk. (I use a Bohning Lynx 6-arrow quiver as well...) I use the Bow Bat on my morning hunts or all day sits and I use the Spot N' Stalk on afternoon hunts and/or when I pack in my Millennium combo...

I have time to expand now...

I pack in more shit than I really need to, but I like to be prepared for any kind of sit because you just never know what you'll get in to out there. When I hunt in the morning, I don't need to have my bow at the ready and I generally have clothes to carry in. The Bow Bat XL has become the perfect pack for my morning hunts. I can easily haul in everything I need for an all day sit and still have the option to carry my bow on the way out. Since most of my afternoon sits are shorter (2-3 hours) and I can pack lighter, I love the Spot N' Stalk for the walks in. I have my bow at the ready with my rangefinder in the pouch on the strap. It is small enough I can easily climb on stand with it and get to work settling in. I also like to strap in on the Millennium combo when packing in. The Bow Bat makes that a more awkward walk for me. I'd rather just get all 50# of gear on my back and comfortable, then get where I gotta go...

I love both packs and try to utilize their strengths. So far, they have helped me become a much more efficient hunter...

if your going to go set , then it dont make a difference what you carry . use a regular quiver and a pack for yor goodies . but if your going to spend the day still hunting , then you want the cat quiver . keeps things off your side and below your head .