Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Extra weekend Day ONe!

saddlepants

central Ohio
Im starting this thread early as Im going out in the am 27 degrees. Giving it another shot, need the meat now more than ever. Since all bow I sat in the blind and the deer were over the river. Then all of gun I sat over the river and the deer were all by the blind...Im going to the blind with heater and blackout curtain in tow. If I shoot one over the river (its really high now) Ill have to walk out to the truck and drive around the block and walk all the way back in to track but ya gotta do what yas gotta do! good luck out there to anyone going out tomorrow...its gonna be cold! Gonna try to sit all day in the blind if I can keep from freezin or boredom. Two weeks ago on the last few walk ins the deer I jumped were afternoon and near the blind. Its nearly impossible for a girl to sit in a treestand all day or even in the open. You guys are equipped with a hose!
List: heater
blackout curtain
food and coffee
good book and ipod
pot to piss in
tenacity to stay out all day
luck
hand and foot warmers

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was thinking about deer hunting this weekend, too... But after hearing the stories from my stepdad about how shitty gun week went for him down at the farm, I'm opting to chase waterfowl again this weekend. Once things settle back down, I'll be going out with my bow in the frigid cold of late season. That is, iffin' the ice isn't thick enough to do some feeshin'. :)

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I'm going......Believe I'm going to Coshocton with a group of fellas....I just wanna shoot a doe in the head with the 44 Mag or the Muzzle Loader ~~I'm just wantin to butcher a clean one for a change!... Good Luck TOO Everyone Who Ventures Out! And Keep us all posted...........

twireman

Kingston, OH
Saturday morning of extra gun weekend has some memories for us. Two years in a row my brother killed nice bucks out of the same treestand. a 135" 10 point and a 160" 11 point. Within a half hour of each other too. Since he's tagged out I'll be in that stand tommorow. Should be a great morning!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I will be out looking for another doe or that buck that's been alluding me.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'm headed out in a bit to hang a stand in a thick holler between two standing cornfields. Plan on sitting most of the day tomorrow depending on how things go.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Goodluck to everyone heading out and be safe! I'll get some work done around the house and drive by the farm I hunt and see if the other hunters are still at it.

Buckmaster

Portage
I'm headed to camp tonight so I'll be out for a Sat AM, Sat PM, and Sun AM hunts. My Dad wants a doe so I guess I'll bring him home one. I imagine hunting pressure will be too light as most regular guys are done.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I plan on taking my son tomorrow morning, he wants to shoot a doe close to home......how can I deny a young boy the chance to hunt deer?

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Working a food bank tomorrow morning so that is out. Not sure on tomorrow evening, but I will be out on Sunday morning.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Heading out bright and early. Wish I wasn't just now finishing work at 11pm and catching up on TOO. Going to be an early morning. Sitting all day.