Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My 2011 deer "Split" mount

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My buddy went to Derry Nulls to pick up his deer yesterday and he took a few pics of my deer for me and sent them to me. The mount is still drying and will be done for pick up in a few more weeks. I went with a pose that I've never had done before and I'm glad I went with it. I usually go with a semi-sneak and relaxed ears look.

This mount I went with an upright and the ears laying back tight and the head turned to the left. Can't wait to get him back but just wanted to share the early pics. Here he is:

Straight on:

Slight angle:

Just a note:
Derry is great to work with and is not happy unless you're happy. His turn around is unbelieveable. His attention to detail is awesome and that is KEY for me when choosing a taxidermist. He's been mounting our deer as well as alot of my buddies deer since the mid 80's. He also puts the deer taken during the youth season ahead of earlier heads(which is only a half dozen or so) so's they can have them back before Christmas. That is so cool!

Thanks Stacey Triplet for sending me these pics buddy! Your deer looks great TOO!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Man thats a great deer, great mount. one to be proud of for sure, I like the ears back. My deer this year will also be my first with the ears back. your taxi does a nice job. congrats

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
That's Great Ric, I know you're getting excited now. Makes me wish mine was back....usually would be but I told him to switch spots with my buddies Nephew so he could get his before Christmas.......It's his first buck and he is stoked. Reguardless, that is one to be proud of...We'll be seeing Rons before long ~~ I just know it!