Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2nd rut is on!

FredT

SE Ohio
Anybody else notice that the 2nd rut is on? I was out feeding the "pets" last night (who got hammered pretty bad Sunday of gunweek) and they were real jumpy. Four stayed about 30 yards up a hill from me keeping me between them and a draw that the bucks usually come out of. Only a button buck came near me to feed until I heard a snort between me and that draw. I slowly stood up out of my chair and looked just to see a decent antlered buck take off into the draw. Everything was happening just like it did on Nov 11 when I got my 8 point back there. Just over 30 days later it's happening again. Unbread yearlings watch out!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I did see a pair of Bucks doing a lot more than pushing...That was Monday evening...And when a spike came along and headded towards the woods, they both went after him. Appeared that something was going on in the woods......and they were not about to miss it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I saw a 2.5 year old 8 the other night who had his tongue hanging out. It sure looked like he was trying to find a doe as his bird dogged in to the thicket...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yes it is. My BIL and FIL are getting different bucks on tc behind the house this past week as they cruise thru a known doe bedding area.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
What do you suppose this guy is looking for?
This pic is from Monday.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323916670.867914.jpg

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
i saw a buck runnin threw the corn field last nite head on the ground like a beagle, went in the woods right where some does did about 5 minutes before he came out. it makes sense that was one of the farms where there was very little rut activity in november.