Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pics of deer camp 2011

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here's some pics from a few weeks ago.

Jaw Jackin' around the table

Fish fry Wed. night

Guys waiting on the backstraps
My bro(Ron) is the guy to the far left across the table

Frying fish

Guys getting ansy eatting right out of the skillet(fuggars)lol

Believe it or not...thats a big doe off our property

Big buck rubs I found while still hunting

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Looks like a great time was had by all! I gotta put together a deer camp one of these days, just like the Coon...cept I don't want to crap in the woods for a week.

RUT NUT

I bet you guys had a great time! Memories that will last a lifetime! Thanks for sharing.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I miss deer camp.... used too go all the time but haven't in the last 5 years..... Just got out of it and never looked back.... Lots of fun though....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Great pics Ric! I know I had a hell of a time out hanging out with you guys and wish I could have made it back. I'm definitely going to plan on taking a couple more days off next year and coming out another night. There's nothing like great people and great food in deer camp and you guys sure have it all!!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Looks like a good time, although there aren't nearly enough beer cans on the table.

Oh Chad, we filled up two trash cans by Thursday! I mean heaped full. We just dropped them in the trash can(40gal size) right after we killed it. We all just tried to keep the place tidy!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great pics Ric! I know I had a hell of a time out hanging out with you guys and wish I could have made it back. I'm definitely going to plan on taking a couple more days off next year and coming out another night. There's nothing like great people and great food in deer camp and you guys sure have it all!!!

Thanks Jesse! Hell, come out all you want. Try to make sure to be there to hear those Palmer boys and their dad pick. Bring some buds with ya.

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Seeing pics like this always made me want to get a camp going. Never been to one and it looks like fun. None of my close friends or family deer hunt. Small game only.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Looks like a good time, dad and some of his and my buddies used to set up our campers at some land we leased in Vinton. We would get a fire goin and sit around it and tell stories, eat some deer chilli and relax, then hunt during the days. It was a blast to kinda get away for a weekend.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
None of the relatives close to me hunt either. Never experienced it much until the first week of this season. Looks like I might start going to one next year though. My buddy just leased nearly 3 miles of road frontage in KY. He has been doing it for several years but just picked up two more properties and asked me if I wanted in. Hunting out of state with high powered rifles? Hell yes! Count me in! I will let you know how our deer camp is next year. . . if I remember any of it. hahahahaha

Huckleberry Finn

Yea, something that I've always wanted to be a part of...dad hunted a huge traditional PA camp for several years and then a smaller camp in NY...wish I could do the same

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for sharing, Ric. Looks like you guys had a great time! Nice gun BTW!

Thanks Jim! That Rem 1100 with the fully rifled barrel and $50 dollar scope can hold dang good groups out to 150 yards. If only I had one of Rons Leo Vari-x 3's on that gun! lol One of these days I hope to be able to get one. FYI, I mostly shoot Rem. Cor Loc's thru it but have messed around with the Hornady SST's TOO.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Ric, something I should have added, Thanks For Sharing......Brought back a lot of memories even though our Deer Camp was held outside every morning, noon and evening in a field.....We all lived real close. Sure was nice to see Ron again TOO......I haven't gotten to work with him in awhile and I miss seeing him......He's the one that got me to doing a study on apples......Yes, deer prefer certain ones over others. Again, Great Pics and now I'm wanting to go with the fellas for some drives on Sat in Coshocton.