Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Services Looking for land to hunt

TackDriverTim

I just moved to Ohio from Colorado for work and I am looking for some land to hunt. I live in Wickliffe which is just East of Cleveland so I would like to find something somewhat close. If you have land you are willing to lease or need another person to lease land with I would love to hear from you. I am primarily a bow hunter and try to fill my tags during archery season so I don't have to gun hunt. The sooner I find something the better so I can plan out food plots for the summer if I am able to put any in and I would also like to run cameras over the summer depending on how close the land is. If there is cell phone coverage I may run a camera that emails me the images. Thanks Tim

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Welcome to Ohio, and best of luck to you in your search.:smiley_coolpeace:
Hopefully you'll find a place where you don't have to pay.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Welcome to the site. Stick around and read up and you may learn of many opportunities. Good luck.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Ask everyone that you know and meet. I ask EVERYONE and that's how I received my permission to hunt on private land.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
First off, welcome to the site. Hope you stick around and contribute to the forums. You are probably better off going out and knocking on doors like everyone else does versus looking for a lease on a hunting site. I don't know too many serious resident hunters that are looking to share their hunting grounds with a complete stranger, but you may find a landowner out there that would give you permission or allow you to lease. Best of luck in your pursuit of land!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Welcome to the site and the state of ohio Tim. If you're looking to learn a ton about hunting in the great state of Ohio, how to gain permission on private property, or just chat hunting then you've came to the right place... If you're looking for a lease you may want to look elsewhere. This is not craigslist or basecampleasing.... The forum description states the following.

Forum, Ohio hunting Classifieds, Find a deal, Selling something, or Have Services to offer.. Post it up.. NO LEASE BROKERS.

Last edited:

matt hougan

Dayton area
Welcome Tim. Private ground is in short supply and most people guard them with abundant secracy. I often see folks on Craigslist asking for hunting permission. I always wanted to send an email inquiring about thier success.

Although there are a few land leases here and there it's nothing like you may be used to in Colorado. Most private access here is still done with a firm hand shake. There are some game clubs around and there is tons of state ground.

Good luck

Last edited:

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Welcome to the site Tim. Hope you stick around. I am about 10-15 miles from you and can tell you it isn't easy finding access here in the NE part of the state. Most cities real close to you have ordinances preventing any hunting...you have to go out a bit further east of where you are at bang on doors. Don't get down when you get rejected cause most on here will tell you you will be rejected a ton.

TackDriverTim

Thanks for the welcome! Ideally I will find someone that will let me hunt by knocking on doors but as time is precious for me I figured leasing might be the quicker way to find something. I really don't want to be stuck with no place to hunt come hunting season. The thought of not hunting this fall makes me cringe. I am gong to hunt one week about 2 hours South of Cleveland with a friend but I need a spot to hang some stands for the rest of the season. Thanks for the welcome and I hope to contribute to your forums.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Welcome Tim. Private ground is in short supply and most people guard them with abundant secracy. I often see folks on Craigslist asking for hunting permission. I always wanted to send an email inquiring about thier success.
Although there are a few land leases here and there it's nothing like you may be used to in Colorado. Most private access here is still done with a firm hand shake. There are some game clubs around and there is tons of state ground.

Good luck

Me too...I especially like the one's that try and play the sympathy permission card!

saddlepants

central Ohio
If you have some line of work you can offer services in trade! Good luck on that though - like they said, land is tough to get ahold of and when you do you need to do everything to keep it.